Wednesday, February 11, 2009

THings I Wanted to Blog But Forgot

  1. Adam said, "Mom, I do not know everything." I said, "well, you know some things. You know how to write your name." Adam very seriously repplied, "Mom, I do not know karate."
  2. On their day off, Ruth, Kate, and Johnny really wanted their dad to take them to this neat park with all sorts of swings, spinning things, and climbing things. On Friday, we decided to go at 5:30 when Dad finished working, and then go all together to target for Mom to finish grocery shopping, and for Dad to look at toys and puzzles with the kids. At the park John pushed the kids on the neat swings, played tag on the climbing things, and the spun the the older kids on the spinners. The kids kept asking for more and more. I thought, "I am not sure about this." John thought the same thing but went ahead and spun the kids more and more. When we got into the car, Johnny said his head really hurt and that he felt sick. When we got to Target, Ruth could hardly stand up, and Kate said that actually, she felt sick too. So we immediately took Dad, Ruth, Kate, and Johnny home. Put the three kids in bed with a bucket and left Dad to take care of over spinning. I took the three youngest grocery shopping. Before I left, I looked in on the kids and they looked terrible. They were hardly moving, very pale, and laying curled up on their beds. They looked liked they had had a very bad stomach flu all day. When I got home after 8pm, they were feeling better. I felt bad because all I could get for them easily enough was cold cereal for dinner, but since I had just bought new cereal, they were really excited and ate 2 to 3 bowls each. John and I ordered out Chinese for an at home date after we put the kids to bed and all was well.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I don't know karate either. ;(

Em said...

i am glad that yuor kids weren't sick all night. And that you and JOhn got to have a date at home. I am taking Ben out for Valentines this Friday...it is a surprise and I am excited to go on a fun date with him.