Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why I Love the Internet

Here is why I love the Internet despite all of the evil that comes from it.
  1. Whenever I have to substitute for a class at church I do not have to get a manual. I just have to look the lesson up at home.
  2. I can listen to the scriptures for free while I am cleaning the house.
  3. I get to listen to general conference again and again while I clean and I know the talks almost by heart. I feel like I can sustain the prophet because I know what he has said, or maybe I just clean too much.
  4. When my kid asks, "Is a a firefly a beetle," I can just type that into google and bammo the answer's at my fingertips.
  5. We do not have to have volumes of encyclopedias to dust. We have wikipedia.
  6. When my kids have a report, all the information they need is right in our own home on the computer, including pictures.
  7. I can read lots of different news articles with differing opinions and never have to watch the tv news or buy the newspaper and stay well informed.
  8. I can get maps very easily.
  9. If I want to eat out I can check out the menus before I go to the restaurant.
  10. It is so easy to find out the orgin of toilets and ketchup if I am feeling curious.
  11. I can look up health information for my family without having to call a nurse or go to a university library.
  12. We can see trailers for all of the movies, decide if we would like it, and then look up the content on screenit.com to decide if it is appropriate for us. Our movie watching is much cleaner now days.
  13. I keep in touch with people that I admire and am glad to be friends with, but I am certain I would not have any contact with if it had to be through letters by mail.
  14. Email is great. Remember when we used to write letters full of questions and the person responding would never answer those questions in their next letter, so we just never knew. That does not happen with email.
Anyway, I am thankful for the Internet. It is a great way to stay in touch and to answer all of my questions and to listen to important things. I do not know how my parents lived without it.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I love the internet too! sometimes a little too much, hence why you only wrote this post an hour ago, and I'm already commenting on it.

i'm so impressed what good things you use your internet for. I will follow your example and listen to talks instead of the Pandora free online personalized radio when I clean next time and see how it goes. Though I do love music. haha.

I LOVE YOUR CUTE and GIRLY NEW BLOG. it's adorable.

I love you Diane. You are so sweet and I truly enjoy having you in our family.

Bethany said...

Diane, I am so glad for the internet because I wouldn't have any clue what a great person you are without it.

John said...

You guys are way too nice to me, but I have to say that I really appreciate you and love to read your blogs too.