When I went on the run with Ruth and Kate on Wednesday, Ruth stopped to pet a cat. The cat then followed us all the way back to our house. After I let the girls pet the cat for a few minutes I made them come inside. To our surprise the cat was still at our house the next morning. Adam and I noticed the cat fighting our cat, Boy. The two cats seemed to fight for a couple of hours and then it turned to more play. The next thing we knew the stranger cat was eating out of our cat food, and sleeping in Boy's favorite spot in the garage. We looked at the stranger and and realized that it is an unnuetered boy cat. (I didn't exactly want one of those hanging out in our house or garage.) The cat stayed around completely moved in and comfortable. He even meowed at the door when he wanted us to feed him. The kids wanted to keep this cat, but last night we drove him back to the spot where Ruth first patted him. I might have been willing to neuter the cat and let him stay because he was very friendly and the kids seemed to like him a lot. But we have lost two cats since we have lived here and it has been very sad. So I thought we better bring him back to where his owners most likely lived. John and I thought that we could see our lost cats taking a walk with some one and not knowing how to get back home.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Stranger Cat
When I went on the run with Ruth and Kate on Wednesday, Ruth stopped to pet a cat. The cat then followed us all the way back to our house. After I let the girls pet the cat for a few minutes I made them come inside. To our surprise the cat was still at our house the next morning. Adam and I noticed the cat fighting our cat, Boy. The two cats seemed to fight for a couple of hours and then it turned to more play. The next thing we knew the stranger cat was eating out of our cat food, and sleeping in Boy's favorite spot in the garage. We looked at the stranger and and realized that it is an unnuetered boy cat. (I didn't exactly want one of those hanging out in our house or garage.) The cat stayed around completely moved in and comfortable. He even meowed at the door when he wanted us to feed him. The kids wanted to keep this cat, but last night we drove him back to the spot where Ruth first patted him. I might have been willing to neuter the cat and let him stay because he was very friendly and the kids seemed to like him a lot. But we have lost two cats since we have lived here and it has been very sad. So I thought we better bring him back to where his owners most likely lived. John and I thought that we could see our lost cats taking a walk with some one and not knowing how to get back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow - you have willpower. I would be so weak with the kids wanting to keep a stray. I could see my kids would have all the cats in the neighborhood sleeping at our house :) haha!
Post a Comment