Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inauguration Day Thoughts

  1. Michelle Obama is definitely the best dressed first lady. I loved her yellow outfit.
  2. I started to watch the inauguration while I ran on the treadmill and it was so boring that I had Kate, who was home sick, turn on a movie instead. She said thank you.
  3. Ruth and Johnny spent several hours of their school day watching the inauguration. I think this must have really been for the benefit of the teachers. The kids said that it was boring and that Kate was lucky to have missed school. Kate also didn't have the usual make up work.
  4. I read Obama's speech later that night. I think it was a pretty good speech. But no matter what he says and how good he looks his voting record on moral issues makes me nervous for what he will do in the future.

2 comments:

Becca said...

i love michelle obama's fashion as well.

i hate politics. i voted against my will so people would stop harrassing me. that shows you how much i care

Janna said...

I cried.

...and not for joy. or hope.