Thursday, November 13, 2008
Warts and being Fired
A year and a half ago Ruth and Adam got warts on their stinky, sweaty feet (Ruth has read this and says that her feet are beautiful, soft, rosy feet). Well, John took care of Ruth's wart and I took care of Adam's. With some blood and pain I got rid of Adam's wart within a month. John and Ruth have been very gently trying to get rid of Ruth's wart for one and a half years, in which time she has gotten a second wart near the first wart. About a week ago, I told Ruth she was fired from the job of wart removal and that I am officially hired. Tonight, I was working on Ruth's wart some when John came in to claim it as his job. I told John that I already fired Ruth, and that I have now officially fired him. John asked what can he fire me from? I suggested the laundry, but he did not agree. Then John went to take care of Kate, who was about to stick a q-tip deep inside her ear. This whole time, Adam had been sitting by watching me pick off pieces of Ruth's wart. Adam stayed by us after I had finished picking her warts and put on the wart medicine and was holding Ruth's foot for the medicine to dry. Adam called to me. He looked up at me with his big innocent brown eyes, and in a voice frocked with concern, Adam asked, "Your not going to turn me into fire, are you, Mommy?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment