Thursday, November 13, 2008

Singing and Dancing


We were singing, "Angel's We Have Heard on High" for family home evening. My children, lead by our dear oldest daughter, began dancing around as soon as we started singing. This is the usual way for Ruth to sing a song during family home evening, but it rarely involves singing. Ruth has always just been a little fairy who cannot help dancing when she hears a song. Her siblings mostly join in the dance and often make the family song a brawl. It does not make for a very musical family like I imagined we would be (sigh). So I was surprised when Kate, while doing a little piroet, sang out beautifully, "In our house we de-o."

1 comment:

Em said...

I love it when kids dance around. I try to have music on a lot so I can watch the boys dance around the house, they are so funny about it. Harrison is our real dancer though, James didn't start until one day harrison started dancing and we thought it was so cute and so now James dances too.