Sunday, June 24, 2018

This Week at Our House #25 Dentist, a Birthday, and the Beach



This week was an intense dentist week. I took Joseph for a filling on Monday. Kate and Joseph had their oral surgeon consultation on Tuesday. They're putting them both under general anesthesia. Wednesday, I took Anya to get her two fillings done, and Thursday, I took Adam and Josh in to get their teeth cleaned. And the trend will continue. Adam has his first filling to be done tomorrow, and Suzy sees the pediatric dentist to get some fillings on Tuesday. Then on July 2nd at 8:15 Joseph will get his two bottom 6 yr old molars pulled because they are too rotten to fix. (Don't worry, it means he will have space for his wisdom teeth.) Later that day, Rachel will get her one cavity filled at the regular dentist. At 10:45am on July 3rd, Kate will get all four of her wisdom teeth out. Then on July 18th, Johnny and Arwen will get their teeth cleaned and we will see if they have any cavities. Plus, Adam will need one more appointment to get his second cavity filled, which I will make on Monday. Then I will have to make appointments for 6 months out. We had our first dentist visits at the end of May. This is when having a big family is not so fun. But we did manage to get in two trips to the beach, after dentist appointments, and a fun little birthday party for Suzy.

  1. Well, John never did hear back from the job interview, so I believe it was a dodge saying they would get back to him, and he has only sold about 10 copies of his game. But just when everything seemed rather discouraging, he got a request for an interview with another company for this coming week.
  2. I spent a lot of time in dentist offices this week, and that trend will continue for a little while. I also got to enjoy the beach twice. That's the best part of living where we live. I love the Atlantic Ocean and I love to swim, and John and the kids love it too.
  3. Ruth seems to be doing well. I know she is loving her mission.
  4. Kate did all the baking for Suzy's birthday. She made these adorable mini chicago style deep dish pizzas, and 4 ice cream cake rolls. Kate is a very good cook, and she makes things look nice too.
  5. Johnny had not been very interested in the ocean this season yet until this week when the temperatures felt well into the hundreds because of the humidity. He dove right in the last time we went to the beach. All spring, he felt like it was too cold.
  6. Adam has been working on making 3D animated space ships using a program called Blender. He likes to do it, so this is the one thing that we do not need to nag him about at all.
  7. Some fire ants decided to move into our house, so we decided to vacuum them and put down some poison, but Rachel got 23 ant bites and spent a whole night awake playing games with John, who also couldn't sleep, and complaining about fire ant bites.
  8. Anya has been disappearing to her room to build legos, and then every now and then, I notice her sitting on the couch next to me with her head rested against my leg or arm. Then she disappears to create some more.
  9. Joseph loves to swim at the beach. It makes him so happy when he does it, but before he gets there, he always says he doesn't want to go.
  10. Josh said, "I hate the beach, but I love the ocean. I hate the beach because of the sand, but I love the ocean because you swim in it." During church today Josh made up a game and drew it out. He said it was a video game and it had five levels with fighter ships and bosses to defeat. He made sure that I saved it and brought it home so he could finish it after church.
  11. During Arwen's prayers she asked twice for no tornados, and help to know where the invisible snakes and invisible snapping turtles are. Then she prayed for cats, horses, and dogs. John asked her why she prayed for those animals and Arwen said that Anya says that, so she started to say it in her prayers too. Out of the blue, Arwen said, "I like Ruth." John asked her why she said that, and she answered, "One day Ruth played with me with all three unicorns."
  12. Suzy of course had her birthday. She is four now, and still won't dress herself. She says it is too hard. Ruth said the same thing at the same age.
  13. Sam was very cute this week. He is starting to talk a lot more and he understands things very well. When I needed to change his diaper, he brought me the diaper and wipes, then pointed to his diaper and said, "poop, poop, poop." When I told Rachel to give him a bath, he stood beside her, took her hand, and started walking her toward the bathroom. One afternoon when I was at a dentist appointment, Sam came up to Kate to give her a hug. She hugged him and then he immediately slumped down and started lightly snoring.
Pictures

































2 comments:

rozanny said...

Busy dentist stuff! Sorry! I'm glad that you are able to do it though. I love the picture of Joey with the duck. I liked John's game and all of Ada's little friends this week have loved playing it.... unfortunately, none of them own phones. I'm glad you guys got to go to the beach again, and I can't believe Susan is 4. Happy birthday Susan-Lila!

LeAnn said...

I loved all of the awesome photos today! I am happy that in between the hard moment you can go to the beach. I enjoyed reading the different little stories about the children. You do have an great family. It doesn’t sound fun at all to take them to the dentist and then have some big time work too. Having wisdom teeth out isn’t fun.
Sorry, that John’s job isn’t coming through. I liked his game idea; so I will tell my family about it.
Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs too!