The Funny:
The elders in our district our really funny. We have two elders that are complete opposites. Elder Smith from Utah plays sports, and is cold and sarcastic. Elder Soares is a brazilian who does not play football, and is super sweet and funny. The pair are hilarious.
Elder Soares "I don't like bowling. Last time I hurt my finger."
Elder Smith "That is the least manly thing I have ever heard."
They have now also taken calling a right turn a "robertson left" since I am really bad at directions.
The Missionary Work:
We taught Harvey the plan of salvation and he likes it. He has a lot of questions and we have a lot of answers, so usually we have to say that we will continue the lesson next time.
On Wednesday we went to Dunmow. We decided to go tracting and knocked on this woman's door. We told her who we are and asked if we could share a message. She invited us in. She met missionaries while in Scotland, and had heard about the church in her religious studies class, but other than that knew nothing. She was a very strong christian though and had even taken classes that usually only vicars take, in order to study the bible and to learn more about Christ. She even did assemblies for young children on religion (apparently it is required to have them in the schools in England). We taught her the entire restoration and she asked a lot of questions. It was probably one of the best lessons that I have had on my mission. She truly wants to know more of Christ and is careful about her sources. We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited her to read it and then to pray and ask God. She agreed, but she could not meet with us since she is moving to Scotland. However, she asked us both to sign the copy of the Book of Mormon. It really was the reason we went to Dunmow. I know she will read and she will feel of the confirming witness from God it is true, because everything that helps us know who Christ is more, comes from God. In Moroni 10:6 it says :"And whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore, nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he is.
We went on exchange and taught Ghanaians the whole time." I know this to be true.
Friday was exchange in Colchester. I went with Sister Baites again and we taught Ghanaians all day. First we taught this guy who was really questioning things. For a while Sister Baites and I could not tell if he had met with us just to bash. At the end of the lesson he told us he wanted to know because he had read some of the Book of Mormon and he felt that it was good as it teaches about Christ. He was skeptical but he wanted to know. He said he will read it again and pray.
We then taught a member and her daughter from Ghana. They had a lot of questions and got confused by our accents, but in the end the lesson went really well. It was a lot of crazy fun and they gave us joll of rice and chicken which was so good!

1 comment:
It llooks like Ruth had a great week of some interesting and productive lessons. The Book of Mormon is the greatest conversion tool so if you can get them to read it that is wonderful. I enjoyed her thoughts today. Blessings and hugs for Ruth!
Post a Comment