I am leaving Chelmsford and moving to Enfield. I keep flip-flopping between the Ipswitch and Watford Zones. This means I will stay in the London Mission! We will meet our new president and some London South missionaries next week. I will miss Chelmsford a lot, especially the members.
On Monday we had permission to go to Cambridge. We had a lot of fun with the Cambridge Sisters, Sister Jung and Sister Shin. Sister Lezano and I stopped by Sister Lucas and got to see Huck and her new baby Micah! Then we went to the chapel next to kings college and went to the top! It was a gorgeous view but we had to climb up a long set of steep stairs about two feet wide.
This week we had a miracle. Sister Lezano and I were finding and we stopped and talked to this guy on a bench. His name was István from Hungary. I told him that someone I had known in Cambridge served as a missionary there. We talked to him about the gospel and about church. He agreed to meet us the next day and to have a tour of the chapel. István also said that he wanted to come for church. While we were talking to him his girlfriend came up. At first she asked him "Going to church?! How did they convince you to do that?" Then we explained to her about the gospel and the church and invited her to come as well and she agreed. She was also from Hungary and her name is Greta.
The next day they came to the lesson and we had the member from Cambridge who had just gotten home from her mission my first transfer in Cambridge. It was amazing. They both felt the spirit and had so many questions. After the lesson we asked them how they felt and István said that this chapel felt warm unlike the church in Hungary. Greta agreed. She said that it was very calm. We explained that was a spirit and gave them a Hungarian Book of Mormon. They told us that they would come back for church.
They agreed to meet us on Friday but we learned that István lived in the elders area, so we would have to refer him. On Friday only István showed up because Greta was in London and he introduced him to the elders who taught him.
On Sunday they came! It was so amazing! Greta lives in our area, so we were not sure who would teach them, so we had a conjoined missionary lesson with them this morning that went well! They are so cute and sassy! They both have so many questions and want to learn more. After church István found and watched the restoration, the whole hour film, on his own and it answered a lot of his questions.
Saturday night we had a combined service activity at Luana and Antonio's. Luana is a convert to the church, and Antonio is not a member. The first thing they had me do was clean spider webs off of a table and chairs. The spiders out here are big and I do not like spiders, so it was a lot of screaming, hitting, and jumping, until they moved me to trimming the bushes. I happily obliged. We then had an italian dinner, since they are both from Italy. At the end of the lesson and after the prayer Luana asked the elders to give Antonio a blessing for his health, and they did. It was powerful and he was better the next day.
I love the priesthood. I am grateful for worthy priesthood holders in my life.
I wanted to share a quote I found this week by Elder Neal A Maxwell: "Comparatively, brothers and sisters, it matters very little what people think of us, but it matters very much what we think of Him. It matters very little, too, who others say we are; what matters is who we say Jesus is. (See Matt. 16:13–17.)"
I wanted to share a quote I found this week by Elder Neal A Maxwell: "Comparatively, brothers and sisters, it matters very little what people think of us, but it matters very much what we think of Him. It matters very little, too, who others say we are; what matters is who we say Jesus is. (See Matt. 16:13–17.)"
I know this is true. We need to put God and first in our lives. That is the first and great commandment to love the Lord with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. That means, putting him first in our lives.




1 comment:
Love this girl!
Post a Comment