Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Stories from Ruth # 29


This week has been CRAZY!

 
About thirty minutes after we got home last Monday I had finished doing the dishes and was at the table with my smoothie when I heard a strange noise. I called my companion and went over to the sink. It was turned off. I turned it on and the noise lessened and then I turned it off again. A little scared I opened underneath the sink and there was boiling water spraying everywhere! It was soaking the carpet and spraying so much that we could not keep up with it! We tried to turn it off but none of the knobs under the sink would budge. We even had a neighbor who tried to help us And they could not figure it out. When the water was about half an inch high on the floor and was getting onto the carpet, Sister Georgieva started getting scared because all the wires were getting soaked. Eventually we found a way to get to the boiler and turn off the hot water. The Elders then arrived and were able to turn it off. Well we met the woman who lives below us because it started to leak through her bathroom lights. A plumber did come the next morning and we got a brand new sink! Apparently one of the hot water pipes burst. Well our carpet it pulled up and is a tripping hazard. Also there are sharp spikes underneath it to keep it down so now that it has been lifted and pulled out I keep stepping on those.
On Tuesday we went to Great Dunmow where we met this woman who as soon as she opened the door began to laugh and said, "Oh Mormons! I would invite you in but right now we have guests." In shock we responded: "When can we come back?" "Oh anytime" etc. So yeah... It is a beautiful town with some very lovely people. Everytime we go now we just spend the day. We meet a lot of greek and english people there.
Wednesday is a blur.  

Thursday I turned 20! Ah! The elders in my district and Sister Georgieva suprised me with some Reeses Puffs and chocolate cake. Yes! We then went whiteboard finding with the maldon elders and as soon as we left the Lord helped us make it right on time to our bus! We then had a dinner appointment with the Lallyettes which is always fun! She made chinese and we had lemon cake, brownies, and ice cream for dessert! (No I did not tell any members that it was my birthday, this is just our typical Thursday dinner) Haha! Then we had a service activity with the releif society where we all made treats and brought them to less active sisters that nobody knew. I went with Sister Tofpik who made me brownies made with no egg or milk. They were made with coconut and honestly they are propbably the best brownies I have ever eaten. Well Sister Georgieva was assigned to visit a woman who's husband we had met in the park. He is a nonmember and had told us we could visit them. That night we got a text from the members active brother telling us not to. They were only being polite in the park. We were so mad when we got he text, however when she went they were happy to have them. The husband, Dan, remembered everything we had told him and wants to know more! The kids also adore the missionaries. On Sunday we saw the daughter at the chapel. She was only there to give something to her parents, but she told us that we could come over right in front of her brother!
 
Saturday we helped Ellen, a recent convert, pack. Then we went and did service with the elders where we helped paint Scotty, an investigators house. That day we went finding and I got told that I was a fake american because I do jot have an american accent. Later we went tracting and Sister Georgieva got complimented on her cool american accent.
Sunday we saw lots of less actives and part member families at church! It was crazy but so fun getting to meet them all or see when we can visit them again! I loved it! Also on the walk up to church we met a less active we dphad never met before. He did not come with us to church but we are seeing him next week! We then had a dinner with the Stewarts, a scottish family in the ward. Oh my days I love them! Scottish people are amazing! I have also realized how much my Robertson family looks Scottish since quite a bit of this ward is.  

Today we had a blitz in Braintree and one Chelmsford with the Wittham elders! It was a lot of fun! I truly do love finding and teaching people.

The scripture today is Helaman 3: 35 "Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God."
I love this scripture. It has deeply affected me.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh my the sink problem caused stress in me. I remember well som experiences like that one. That is so not fun. I am happy they got it turned off and the problem somewhat solved. It looks like she had a typical missionary type birthday. Ruth is having some great experiences. I can tell she is working hard and enjoying her missionary moments. I love reading the updates.
Blessings and hugs for Ruth!