A Poem for Ruth
My elegant girl
flew far from here
A priceless pearl
She went to share
Many a person
she tried to teach
Though everyone
said “don’t you preach”
To England gone
Press on, press on
Words of hate
She ever endured
Yet with strength great
And Spirit inured
Boldly she spoke
Christ’s words of love
truth ever to evoke
from the heavens above
To England gone
Press on, press on
2 comments:
I loved this poem to Ruth. It does describe her mission well. I think she is a wonderful missionary and England is a hard one.
Hugs for Ruth and you!
Lovely. My sister served in Ireland. Her mission president told her coming in that most missionaries in the area never baptize in the mission. He also told her to go forth with Faith. She loved Ireland and it's people so much. I've never seen her so filled with the Spirit as she was as a missionary in a difficult place.
Post a Comment