So we have one brazilian investigator who is on date! He is struggling with coffee right now but is throwing it all out of his house! We have two old men who are very nice. And we are teaching a few uni students. One her name is Meggie and she is studying biology, and we are also teaching her roommate!
Guess who is coming to the England London mission in April. President Nelson and Elder Holland! I am going to meet the prophet! Or at least shake hands with him hopefully. Anyway it is still cool.
Sister Georgieva and I taught a lot of lesssons this week to a few former investigators that they found in town! All of them are really open to learning more and applying what we teach them into their lives! Until last Friday it had never occured to me that I would have to teach someone that after Christ the law of Moses was fulfilled, and that it is not necessary for our salvation to wear fringe just as it was not necessary for Adam and Noah. However, repentance and baptism are. We had a miracle this week where we were going through the Chelmsford elders phone and area book, because they were shut down when I left Cambridge, and we looked on the maps and found a part member family with a phone number. Sister Georgieva felt impressed to call them and the woman picked up. She had not had a call or visit from missionaries in over eight years. We visited her Saturday and she told us that her daughter had been telling her that there was never a time their family had been happier than when they had been going to church weekly, and they were considering coming back! Wednesday we had the mission tour with Brother Johnson which was a lot of fun since three zones got together in Hyde park! Sister Georgieva and I signed up for the choir which was one of my favorite parts. I also got to meet up with my companion Sister Cannon from the MTC!
Tonight we visited a member who has been going through a lot. We testified to her of the atonement of Jesus Christ and I testified of the power of it in my life. She then asked me how I had gotten to the point I was from where I used to be. I told her that it was because I had began to read the Book of Mormon everyday and that I would never have come here or to this point if I had not done so. She stopped and almost cried and told me that she had just started again to listen and to read it every day, that that is what she had decided to do after her Christmas trip to America. It really touched me that God truly directs us and guided us that he gives to us what they need to hear. He has promised such in D&C 21:11 as we obtain his words.
I love having Sister Georgieva as my companion because she has all these books by Bruce R
McConkie and we have been reading that and teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith together! We read today about how sacrifice brings the faith necessary for salvation and were just discussing that that is part of why a mission was so important for both of us. That we have to sacrifice in order to develop any faith that we might be saved and begin the path to enter into the kingdom of God. I am so glad that I am here on my mission. To me it would be agony not to be here. I am so glad about the way you are preparing and how blessed you are for that! It truly is what we both needed to prepare us to have righteous families, learn more about the gospel, and direct us to be on the Lord's side. Honestly I think it is what we needed in order to truly develop faith and prepare to protect our families. I do not think we would live happy lives if we were not preparing.
And part of her to letter Kate is worth putting here:
I love having Sister Georgieva as my companion because she has all these books by Bruce R
McConkie and we have been reading that and teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith together! We read today about how sacrifice brings the faith necessary for salvation and were just discussing that that is part of why a mission was so important for both of us. That we have to sacrifice in order to develop any faith that we might be saved and begin the path to enter into the kingdom of God. I am so glad that I am here on my mission. To me it would be agony not to be here. I am so glad about the way you are preparing and how blessed you are for that! It truly is what we both needed to prepare us to have righteous families, learn more about the gospel, and direct us to be on the Lord's side. Honestly I think it is what we needed in order to truly develop faith and prepare to protect our families. I do not think we would live happy lives if we were not preparing.


2 comments:
Wow, Ruth has some fantastic missionary experiences. I am so excited about her baptism coming up. It is true that missions prepare them for excellent family life experiences. I love how she is growing in her testimony. The mission tours are always so uplifting and inspiring. I think for sure she will get to shake the hand of the prophet because they make an effort to do that.
Loved this one! blessings and hugs for Ruth~
LOVE! It so reminds me of when my sister was on her mission and writing to us at home. I loved preparing for my mission while she was out, I loved writing to her while I was out, and I LOVED the 20 minutes that the MTC President allowed us together when our paths overlapped.
Post a Comment