We had a normal week of school, followed by an exciting weekend. Friday night began our spring break. We have not taken a day off from school since January 1st, and have not even had a field trip. This will be a welcome break. Saturday and Sunday were General Conference and Sunday was Easter! All of these are a great way to begin spring break!

- John has now had two interviews in which they have asked him to do a huge project. He worked 30 or more hours this week on two projects requested to see if he will move on to another portion of the job interviewing process for a company. It seems almost criminal, since he is not paid and they may use his code, but he needs the job and he can use these projects to show what he can do in the future if this job does not work out. He learned a lot with this too.
- I enjoyed our fun weekend of Easter and General Conference. I was so happy to have them combined this year. It seemed perfect.
- I sure miss being able to talk to Ruth on a regular basis. Yet I am so proud of how she is doing. She is strong and good. We missed having her around for Easter.
- Because of our church record fiasco, Kate's mission paper opening and starting was probably undone. But I think we can still go ahead with her medical and dental and getting her drivers license since they only have to be done no more than 6 months in advance. I cannot even think of Kate going, though. There will be such a blank left in our family. But serving a mission is Kate's deepest desire.
- I've finally got Johnny to write for the story club. I had no idea what a good writer he is.
- We had nice weather this week and Adam spent a good deal of time outside. He has been the force getting other kids outdoors and playing different games. Over spring break, I will be having him dig trenches in my garden. He likes to dig holes, so hopefully this will not ruin it for him.
- Rachel has my long feet and she hates them. She is very tiny, for her age, and she says that it is not fair that her feet are too big. Kate has tiny feet. Rachel's feet are almost the same length as Kate's.
- We have learned to call Anya our professional ignorer because she is there and she is taught, but she tends to take that time to daydream or sleep. Of course, we are working to convince her to focus her mind when it is important.
- I was woken up from an short nap in the late afternoon Thursday by Susan, Arwen, Joshua, and Joseph making a lot of noise and commotion. Apparently there was a large bug in the garage. Joseph squished it and it's guts came out. This whole little group of kids were stunned. They were not sure what it was. Joseph said, "I did not know guacamole would come out." And then they were questing whether or not that meant that the bug was dead and if the guacamole was the bug guts. My city have moved to the country!!!
- Joseph convinced Josh to share his m&ms (Josh's reading treat) by telling him to throw them at him so he could catch them in his mouth. Joshua thought that was a good game and readily tossed lots of m&ms at Joseph's face.
- Arwen is a very helpful and capable little 5 year old. She cleans and organizes exceedingly well for her age. She is a great comfort to me, but I don't think she really knows it.
- Susan came to me and said, "Are you a girl?" I replied in the affirmative. She then said, "I'm a girl. I'm a princess. So I am beautiful. I am pretty like a flower." Later that night she was looking at her reflection and sang, "I am beautiful. You are beautiful," to it. Getting out of the car one night after dark, Susan listened to the frogs and crickets for a moment and said, "What's that beeping?"
- The night I grocery shopped, I came home with everyone's reading treats. Anya requested some m&ms. While she was opening them, Sam was watching. He put his hands in the air, bounced up and down and said, "Yay, yay, yay!" in a very excited voice. Sam has taken climbing to a whole new level. He is up on the counters and everything else. He is moving chairs to get things he wants. In one day he moved the chair to the front door to try and unlock it; he pushed a chair up to the bar to climb up, he climbed on the table and on the counter by the kitchen sink by using the table; and he stood up to play the piano in the middle of family scripture study.
Pictures
 |
| We had our candy hunt outside this year. That was a nice change. |
 |
| watching general conference |
 |
| Our traditional Lamb dinner for Easter |
2 comments:
Yay for job leads! I will pray he impresses them!
Your Easter celebraton looked like a fun one. I loved having conference over the Easter Weekend. It seems extra special to me.
I'm happy thar your hubby is doing some work stuff. I don't why they can't just hire and they have to do these othere things. I hope there is something permanent soon.
That cute little Sam is really growing up fast. Having a climber like that can be a challenge.
I do love that you have Ruth on a mission and Kate working towards one too.
I really enjoyed reading about all of you; it was a fun one!
Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment