Thursday, August 3, 2017

Black Widow


One thing about living in North Carolina that we didn't really anticipate is all the bugs. There are giant flying cock roaches they call palmetto bugs. They are creepy and we see them around a lot. There are also little black beetles that will nest in our flour if we do not keep the containers sealed. There are black hornets that nest under the house and come inside. And there are giant fuzzy bumble bees that hang around the deck in the spring. Today, we got another unpleasant bug surprise. There was a very large black widow spider with her egg sack living right in the corner next to the front door, and for the first time in years, I bought poisonous bug spray.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I am so happy you got some spray; so scary! I am very afraid of black widows because one time many years ago I almost ran right into one in our laundry room. We were living in Paradise, California. I don't think I can handle these critters as well as you are. I run!
Big hugs and blessings for you~