Sunday, August 6, 2017

First Day of School 2017

I don't take formal first day of school photos for homeschool, because I am too busy teaching and organizing. But, John gives a daily language lesson, so I was able to take a break and snap a photo.

We started Aug 1st and we will go straight to Thanksgiving before our next break. The kids did well. The line up this year is:

Johnny 12th grade
Adam 7th grade
Rachel 6th grade
Anya 4th grade
Joseph 4th grade (he skipped since he works a year or more ahead anyway.)
Joshua 1st grade
Arwen kindergarten

Ruth a missionary
Kate freshmen in college

Suzy and Sam don't have to do anything but play and be happy

I wrote up a schedule in June and that is working quite well. I don't think I will have to tweak it at all. I am loving homeschool more than ever now and wished that I had done this from the beginning. It has changed our family for the better in many ways.

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

I'm so grateful we homeschooled too. I was thinking of several benefits recently: few arguments when on vacations since everyone is used to being with each other 24/7 anyway; the other was bedtimes, because our children had enough Mommy time during the day they stayed in bed once there. I feel sorry for children who are cheated out of time with their parents and siblings. Keep up the good work!

LeAnn said...

I think you are doing such an incredible job with your homeschooling. You have such a variety of school years and I admire you for doing it. In today's world; I think we will see more parents choosing to teach at home. As you know my oldest daughter lives in Australia and has home schooled for years. I am amazed at how her family is doing the things they do.
Blessings and hugs!