Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Goodbye Ruth
Monday night, Ruth was set apart as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Yesterday, Ruth flew from Raleigh, NC to SLC, UT. Her grandmother picked her up and took her to the MTC today. By now Ruth will have her room and companion and will be getting acquainted with the MTC in Provo.
Our house felt a little like a funeral when we got home from the airport yesterday. We will miss her. We did get to talk to her last night and this morning. But by the second call this morning's, I was done with saying goodbye. When Ruth has a little girl, she would never say goodbye when we left a friend or grandparents home. Instead she would shout that she hates goodbye and go straight to the car to cry. I think I felt the same way by the end of the phone call today. I don't like saying goodbye, especially when it means I can't talk on the phone every day, like I did with Ruth while she was at college. This was a much bigger goodbye.
Still, we are very happy that Ruth is giving up a year and a half to serve the Lord. I am happy to send my children out to give the gift of the gospel to other people. It was mothers just like me who sent their children out to find and convert my parents. I can send my children out to do the same for other people.
God Speed Ruth. I know you will serve faithfully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love you! I talked to Judy today, it's a very emotional thing to send off a missionary.
Hugs for you; I do know how you feel. It's hard to send them offf, but the expriences and growth will be worth every moment of your wounded heart. I know Ruth will be a powerful missionary. She is going to a great mission. Hugs for you all; she will be greatly missed.
Post a Comment