Sunday, January 29, 2017

This Week at Our House #4



  1. John was really kind to just let Kate and I take off to the March for Life. He didn't complain about left with the kids or having to work or the times we needed to be picked up or dropped off at the train station. He didn't complain about the cost or anything. 
  2. I spent the week homeschooling and then Friday in DC. Saturday was recovery day, and Sunday we got up early for church. I really, really enjoyed my time with Kate and the March for Life.
  3. I didn't get to talk to Ruth much this week, but Kate did. She is doing well, going to the gym often and trying to eat a lot of vegetables. She said that she has a lot of tests coming up this week. She will also have her dentist appointment this coming week. She is expecting to have her mission papers in by the end of the week too.
  4. Kate loved seeing all of the kids her age at the March for Life. She also really enjoyed the art museum.
  5. Johnny was the all-star baby sitter while I was gone. All of the kids seemed to be just fine and I came home to a clean house.
  6. John took Adam shooting on Friday while I was gone. Adam just loves that sort of thing. In fact, while I was driving off to buy some groceries, I noticed Adam sitting on the front porch whittling. 
  7. Rachel is really enjoying the home school coop. She woke up early on Wednesday, bathed, dressed nicely, and did her hair nicely.
  8. Anya and Joseph are going to join the coop too. Anya had a nice time. There are two kids from church who go and they are both in the class that Rachel and Anya attend.
  9. Joseph got up early every day this past week and finished all of his independent school work by 9am. Most of the other kids do not finish their independent work before 11 or 11:30.
  10. Joshua is getting better with reading and has become a lot more independent with his math. 
  11. Arwen is starting to pick up her alphabet and enjoying doing so. This week she brought me her flashcards and wanted me to quiz her.
  12. Susan has been playing with Arwen a lot more. I love seeing them play together so happily.
  13. Sam was amazing on our trip. He never cried. He was fine on the train, fine during the rally, fine during the march, fine in the museum, fine in the train station, and fine on the ride home. He was never particularly happy, but he never really complained either.
Pictures


Sam and John have a similar profile







rolling over






3 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Wow, so glad you got to participate in the March for Life. It looked awesome. Thanks for standing up for Life! I hope I get to go in the future.

LeAnn said...

Oh the pictures are so fun. I loved them all. That baby is just so adorable.I loved the update. I will be anxious to find out Ruth's mission call. Maybe she could come to the mission we are serving in; we need more Sister Missioanries. I thnk it is awesome that Sam was good on your trip and that you had such a good time. I love reading about your children's progression. Blessings and hugs~

rozanny said...

So neat! Jer showed me a time lapse of the March for Life. What a neat thing to be part of. That baby is so cute!