- John did not work as much this week so he could spend some time with the family. But he still completed a project. We went to the beach, out to eat as a family, and had a lovely new years eve party. It was a good week.
- I planned and carried out the last beach trip for 2016. The temperature was only about 65, so we did not swim much, but we still had a lovely day. It was on the way home from the beach that John decided to take the whole family out for dinner/lunch. The kids were calm and quiet and so well behaved and I hardly believed they were all my kids.The sunset that we drove toward on the way home was the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. The colors were amazing. That was Tuesday. The rest of the week I spent at home reading or out driving with Ruth.
- With divine intervention, Ruth got her drivers licence early Friday morning. She was relieved and immediately lost her desire to drive. She needed to have her drivers licence to be qualified for a mission and that is all she wants it for.
- Kate lost her voice and cried in frustration because she could not talk.
- John still had Johnny working on calculus problems all week.
- Adam was one of only two family members to actually swim in the ocean.
- Rachel slept in until 10 or 11 every morning. She was unhappy when I woke her up for 9am church this morning.
- Anya did not comb her hair all week. Thank goodness for conditioner.
- Joseph was the second child to swim in the ocean. I made him wait a while before allowing him in the water. Then I spent the rest of the time saying, "I told you so."
- Joshua was freezing the moment he stepped out of the car at the beach, and spent the whole time at the beach wrapped in a blanket. If we were still in Utah, I doubt he would be thinking that 65 degrees is all that cold.
- Arwen got into John's razors, tired to shave, and cut her upper lip. I think she learned why I say not to play with dad's razors.
- Susan came into the bathroom while I was cleaning it. She slipped on the cleaner I had soaking on the floor. I did not know she was hurt. I was cleaning behind the toilet, so I just quickly moved her out of the bathroom and reminded her that she was not supposed to come in while I was cleaning. She went crying to Kate. Kate discovered Suzy's mouth was bleeding and brought her back to me. I told Kate to give her a wet wash cloth to suck on. That was the last I heard about it. Then this morning in church I noticed that she had a sore below her bottom lip and that her lip was poofy. I looked inside her mouth and it was torn up and swollen. Apparently, little Suzy had bit all the way through her lip when she fell. She had colored her mouth with an orange marker earlier in the day, so until that had faded, we couldn't see what exactly had happened to her.
- Sam is now smiling big cute baby smiles when we talk to him. We are hoping to get pictures of them soon. He is now 7 weeks. He sleeps 5 hours through the night, but he will only sleep in my bed and he likes to be held most of that time.
Pictures
3 comments:
Congrats and a high five to Ruth!
Those dresses are adorable! Poor Suzy and Kate! And hooray Ruth! Happy New Year!
I really loved all your photos today. The beach ones were fun. The dresses on the girls were lovely.
I am sorry that your two little ones got hurt this week. I have been there and how easy accidents can happen.
Congrats on Ruth passing her driver's test. Encourage her to drive if you can. When in the mission field she will want the opportunity to have a car if she goes to an area that has cars. Here our sweet missionary sisters on on bikes. However, right now it is too cold for bikes so they either walk of get rides from members.
Hope you have a really lovely New Year!
Post a Comment