Sunday, November 2, 2014

This Week at Our House # 44



  1. John had a lot of phone interviews this week. We are hoping a job will come from this.
  2. I had a very, very busy week with a lot more going on until Wednesday or Thursday of this week. But we had a very nice Halloween with no school, which made Halloween a lot more fun. I volunteered at the school's fall festival, and for musical practice. I also took the kids out each time John had a job interview, and got some writing done, and visit taught. 
  3. The first term has now ended for Ruth and Kate. Ruth didn't do as well as she would have liked, but she did do her best. She had a Halloween party on Halloween and had a lot of fun with that.
  4. Kate got her 4.0 and was pleased. She went to the Halloween party with Ruth and had fun. She also got her patriarchal blessing today. She went to the Temple Saturday and fasted for the whole day to prepare for it. Kate is a good, strong girl.
  5. Johnny was sick for a couple of days this week. He was better for Halloween. I let him take Adam and Rachel trick or treating. I will probably let him do so for another year or two before we all decide that he is just too old.
  6. Adam gets to do some gymnastic stunts in the musical, so he will have to work on and prepare for that, but that is the sort of thing he loves. 
  7. During family prayer, Rachel pleaded for John to get a job and then she said, "Please help the kids not to have homework on a Thursday or a Friday... just any day, they don't want homework."
  8. Anya cutie was a chef for Halloween. During the fall festival, she put all of her treats and prizes in her chef's hat on top of her head.
  9. One morning this week when I woke Joseph up, he complained, "I haven't had a chance to sleep yet."
  10. During dinner on Saturday night, Josh stuffed a spoonful of macaroni and cheese into John's mouth and exuberantly said "Dad, say num, num, num." He's such a funny boy. He is funny about his clothes. I heard him screaming at the top of his lungs this morning and it was because Adam was getting Josh's church clothes on him, and Josh did not want to wear a button shirt.
  11. Arwen is in the "no" stage. She pretty much says no to everything, and just to continue being contrary, if we ask her to say "no," she says, "not."
  12. I love little Suzy's big eyes, adorable smile, and sweet coos. I am so glad I had 10 kids. I cannot imagine life without a single one of them.
This Week's Pictures
















3 comments:

rozanny said...

Love it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LeAnn said...

I am so praying that John get's a job of course.
I loved all the Halloween pictures and of course the cute things that your children say and do.
You do have some awesome older children.
Blessings, prayers, love and hugs!
If you get a chance to check out my book review on my blog do. It is entitled "Family Talk" I loved it and wish I would have had this book when I was raising children. I highly recommend it.