Sunday, November 9, 2014

This Week at Our House # 45



  1. John did not get the job that he had the two interviews for. He does have two upcoming interviews. We only have two more weeks of unemployment. If John does not have a job in the next two weeks, we will put our house on the market. This has been hard and long. But I know we need to keep having faith.
  2. We had family pictures taken by my friend Christina for free on Monday. She is an award winning photographer too.We also had the annual Grandma Halloween party at John's parent's house on the same day. On Tuesday the brakes on the van broke down. So I put the already broken down minivan up for sale and sold it within a couple of hours to help pay for the brakes. John brought the van in to be fixed the next day. We learned that the ball joints were busted too. The total cost to repair it was going to be $2,200. They worked with us and were nice to us and found a way to fix it for $1,450. John and I got lots of exercise this week. I walked nearly 5 miles each day,Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday taking the kids back and forth to school and John did a lot of biking to help Ruth return her rented dance costume and getting the van to the dealership and home.
  3. Ruth is feeling better about math now. She had a rough start with math this year. I am glad that she is feeling more confidant. Ruth spent a lot of time hanging out with me this week. I really enjoy having her around.
  4. You know you have a weird family when you barge into your daughter's room and they are fighting over chemistry. I walked in on Ruth and Kate and they were arguing about chemical principles. 
  5. I read Revelations 13 with Kate and Johnny and I just loved how well they understood it. I told them how Revelations is an allegory and we talked about what that meant. Then we began reading the chapter and they were able to listen to each verse and understand the symbolism and even figure out specific world events that fit in with the verses. I love how Johnny seeks diligently to understand the scriptures.
  6. Awesome Adam turned 10 on Tuesday!!! My cute second son is growing up. He is good and talented. He plays happily with his syblings and serves so well in our home. His grades are great, and he always gets awards for his good behavior in school. 
  7. Rachel cutie is really growing and learning. One morning Rachel woke up and started talking about how weird it is that people say bad things are good things and good things are bad things. I asked her where she got that from and she said that is what the movies are always saying. I am impressed with Rachel. At a young age, she has figured out something that many people older than her, do not see.
  8. Anya got in a lot of trouble when on the walk home from school on Wednesday, Anya and Joseph ran off and ran through a busy road next to a busy construction sight. I was carrying Susan and had Josh next to me on a kid leash while Adam pushed Arwen in a stroller, so I could not run after them and they just ran faster when I called them. That was a scary moment, and I am glad a car did not come quickly around the corner.
  9. Joseph likes doing his homework now. He will bring it to me and ask me to help him with it most days.
  10. Josh only wet his pants once this week. We are almost there, though he still wets the bed every night.
  11. Arwen is terrible about going to bed at night.
  12. Susan has been getting up on all fours (arms and knees) and then flopping forward like a little inch worm. At 4.5 months old, Susan is getting around. 
Family Picture Preview and Adam's Birthday


1 comment:

rozanny said...

Beautiful family portrait! Love it! And Happy Birthday Adam!