Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Everything Breaking

It seems like an inordinate number of household items have been broken since John lost his job, as well as a couple big items just wearing out.


Broken by Human Negligence:
  • Lawn Mower (broken by an adult).
  • Kitchen Aid mixer (that belonged to my grandmother) still functions, but is painful to use. (knocked off counter by a young human who does not know his strength.)
  • Big Beautiful Glass Mixing Bowl that was a given to us as a wedding present, shattered in the sink when stacked sloppily on top of too many dishes to dry. Also by a young human.
  • My bigger than 9 X 13 pyrex casserole dish that I etched our names in shattered on the floor when a small human walked across our island counter top. 
  • Pretty much all of our mugs and any glass cups we had. Mostly broken by young humans.
  • The Blinds in the living room, which those small humans have been working on destroying slowly over time can hardly be considered blinds anymore.
  • The glass on the fireplace. grrrrr (will be replacing)
  • My snow globe.
Broken from Wear and Tare
  • The brakes and ball joints on the van. (replaced)
  • The fuel pump on the minivan (so we sold it).
  • Several Towels
  • My washing Machine is slowly giving up. I can only wash about a half a loud of laundry in it right now.
  • The Large Flat Grill that I cook pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches and all sorts of things on now only has 2 legs.
  • My stainless steal frying pan.
  • My medium-sized stainless steal pot.
  • My large skillet is starting to drop teflon in our food, but I use it almost every day still.
  • 2 toilet seats wearing out. (replaced 1)
  • Hair clippers (replaced)
  • The heating unit in the dryer (replaced)
  • The flash on the camera
I am sure there are more. But there it is. I have no idea how we are going to afford to replace so many items when we can. I think this is supposed to make me more grateful when something breaks and we have some means to replace it, right?

No comments: