Sunday, May 4, 2014

This Week at Our House # 18



  1. We've heard nothing from jobs, even though we are sending out applications. We did hear that in the last quarter the U.S. economy only grew .01% and is looking like we are heading into another recession (blah). We have officially decided that a move for a job will be a possibility. However, we will not just apply and move anywhere. With 10 children, we absolutely need to make sure we move to a place where we can afford a large house, the taxes, enough food and clothes for our family etc., and that is not every state in the U.S. On a happier note, John's brother Jeremy took John and most of our children to a lego exposition in Sandy. They all loved it a ton!
  2. I had a busy week. My kids sure keep me going and going. Adam has soccer now which takes up 2 week nights. (One for a game and one for practice.) He loves it though, and I am so happy he is able to play this spring. I had a fun time Friday night meeting up with my mothers of many friends. There were 9 of us who got together and among us we had 80 children. It's so nice to have a group of friends that understand big family logistics. I haven't had a girls night for more than 6 months. It was a great escape.
  3. Ruth is tiring out as the school year comes to a close. She is still making up some work from the week she missed due to a kidney infection. It's hard to make up a week's worth of school once you get to the middle school years. Ruth will be applying for jobs and hopefully she will find summer employment. I can't believe it is only 2 years until she graduates high school. Life moves so fast.
  4. Because of Sage/common core testing Johnny and Kate's teachers are not allowed to give them much homework for another 2 weeks. Kate is very happy about this, but I feel like testing is a huge waste of school time. They spend so much time measuring students against other schools/nations it really takes a lot of time away from regular learning.
  5. Johnny completed his history project without being nagged or reminded. That was a wonderful first. Johnny has been very sweet and helpful. He just comes up and gives me hugs and tells me he loves me everyday after school. I understand this is pretty normal for 12 year  old boys. I am loving this stage.
  6. Adam is LOVING soccer. All day Monday he reminded us that on Tuesday, he had a soccer game. The first thing Adam did Tuesday after school was to put on his soccer uniform. He did real well this week and went after the ball and defended his goal. 
  7. Rachel got baptized on Saturday. She looked beautiful in her all white as she entered the waters of baptism. Rachel had a couple of parties at school this week and is now off track. She has the next 3 weeks off from school. She goes back 3 days before everyone else gets out of school for the year. Then Rachel will have school until July 3rd. I hate year round school. I am glad we will not have to deal with this next school year.
  8. Anya enjoyed the nice weather and playing outside all weekend. It started out cold in the beginning of the week and ended up nice by the end. The little kids just do so much better when they can get outside and play everyday.
  9. Joseph had a pretty good week. He is always happier if gets outside and plays a lot. If we have to move, I think I will be willing to buy an older house with a bigger yard to give Joseph the outdoor exploration space that he really needs.
  10. Joshua pooped his pants one day and peed his pants 2 days and the rest he made it. He has been my hardest kid to potty train. I am just relieved that he is finally willing to do it.
  11. Arwen spent the week being cute. She loves her pretty spring clothes and gets excited to get dressed. She has been dancing a lot when ever she hears music she likes. She is just so cute and knows it.
  12. I had my midwife appointment on Monday. The next one is just 2 weeks from that day. Time is sure flying. it feels odd to be at the point of 2 week appointments. After that the midwife will visit me at our house. Susan is moving around normally, her heartbeat is normal, and everything seems fine. I am 33 weeks today, which means that Susan is due on a Sunday.
This Week's Pictures








2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I am praying that your dear husband get's a job soon. I am happy you had a sweet break with friends. I love all that your children are doing. We always just had traditional school and I don't think I would have liked year around school at all.
I loved your pictures. Since I love to journal I like that you are doing this each week. Later on you will be so happy that you kept this going.
Blessings for all you do and prayers for your husband and family

rozanny said...

I hope he gets a job here soon too... and if you have to move... I hope it's closer to us down here. With Becca leaving, we're starting to feel a little odd.