As a mother of many, mops are a complete waste of my time. They do not clean well or thoroughly enough to make the effort worth the outcome.
Instead, I do two things. Every week, I get down on my hands and knees and scrub the floor. That way I can get the corners and the baseboards with ease. I have a very intimate knowledge of every crack and dent int the floor because I get close and personal with it each week. After, I have finished a hands and knees scrub, the floor shines and feels soft and nice underneath my bare feet. There is no dirt lurking in dark places because my fingers can reach into the corners.
I LOVE a clean floor.
In our house, clean floors do not last. After about two to three days, the floor is beginning to look and feel grimy again. A hands and knees scrub of the floor is a real time commitment, so I limit that to once a week. I have another non-mop method that seems to get the floor cleaner than a mop. I mix my bucket of soapy water, dump it s around the floor, grab a couple of heavy rags and drag them across the floor with my feet. I am actually able to scrub better and quicker by just moving a rag around with my feet than I am with a mop.
Just a little bit of effort at the end of the day makes a big difference on how clean I can keep our floors. And I LOVE clean floors.

1 comment:
I loved the idea of cleaning your floor with your feet. I too love a clean floor.
Blessings!
Post a Comment