- John had a cold at the end of the week, so he worked at home. He gets a lot more done and puts in a lot more hours when he works at home. Too bad, employers don't usually recognize that.
- I had just another busy week with the kids in school. I have found that if I make or prepare dinner before lunch my afternoon and evenings go much smoother. I am trying to make that a goal for everyday except Wednesday which is my library and shopping morning. Ruth and Kate usually cook on the weekends.
- Ruth had a Halloween party with a bunch of her friends. She has some pretty great friends this year. They watched a movie, ate junk food and just hung out. I did make everyone leave before 11pm, but I am starting to think that since she is in high school, I ought to let her late night party's stretch til midnight.
- Kate had the party alongside Ruth. None of her school friends could come, but her home school friends and neighborhood friends came. Kate still spent most of the week on school work. She is still doing a lot of work, but she is starting to do it more independently.
- Johnny is learning the violin through the school orchestra. He really likes it a lot and practices everyday. Since he has orchestra 40 minutes every school day and practices everyday, he is getting good reasonably fast.
- I really wish Adam liked to read. He just doesn't. Everyday that I make him read his half hour, it is just painful for him. I try and read interesting books to him, to help him get into stories. I love reading and have wanted to pass that down to my kids.
- Rachel did a much better job doing her homework and turning it in. This week may be a little more difficult because we have something big and fun almost every night. She will have to be self-motivated. I guess we will see how it goes.
- Anya had a birthday party to attend on Saturday. She was really cute because she knew exactly what gift she wanted to get for her friend. I was able to just order it from amazon. She didn't even want to look at alternatives, she just knew what gift she was going to give.
- Joseph came to me and in his tattle-tale voice declared, "Anya said she is 'Warrior X'!" I asked Anya if she was Warrior X and Anya affirmed that. Joseph then pouted and said, "Anya is not 'Warrior X' and I am a Ninja!" Since that conversation, Joseph has been saying he is a Ninja. If he does not want to do something, he says, "Ninja's don't do..."
- Josh says he is a car. When all the kids are picking an animal or a superhero to be, Josh always picks a car. Josh slithers across the floor like a snake making engine noises when he is being a car.
- Arwen keeps herself busy! She loves to draw. She will walk around the house with a pen in one hand and a a piece of paper in the other. She has discovered baby dolls and will also be caught carrying a doll around.
This Week's Pictures
| Josh said this is his train |
1 comment:
I love reading about your children and learning of their progression. You have such a lovely family.
The photo's were awesome. You will be so happy that you are keeping a family journal.
Blessings!
Post a Comment