- John had his 42nd birthday on Monday. It wasn't that big of a deal for him because he has been thinking and telling people that he is 42 for the last 6 months. Does that mean he is getting old?
- I had another busy week. I had so many things I wanted to write about on this blog, but never had a moment to sit and write. Part of me is wondering when things are going to slow down and the other part of me is knowing that they will not until January. That's alright. I love the holidays!
- Ruth's doing great. She's enjoying high school, getting good grades, and enjoying her friends. She really couldn't have it better this school year.
- Kate's still drowning in homework. Ninth grade was like that for Ruth, so this is definitely a get through it year for Kate. She mentioned on Wednesday that she misses homeschool. I offered to take her back, but she declined. She wants to stick it out.
- Johnny had a good week. John got a big new nerdy board game for his birthday and Johnny got to spend a lot of time with Dad playing the game. I was also able to find a book for him at the library that he has neither read and he really liked.
- Adam had a lot of homework this week. On Wednesday, he didn't finish his homework until 11pm. That seems a little much for 3rd grade, but I think Adam spent most of that time goofing off and doing other things.
- Rachel had a fun week. I had parent teacher conferences for her. She is finally reading well, she is very nice and friendly to everyone in her class, and she is using her big imagination to tell stories to everyone.
- Anya's doing so well in school. Legacy Prep has an advanced reading program and she can sound words out so well. I am sure she will be a good reader by the end of kindergarten.
- Joseph was a super hero this week. Joseph, Anya, and Josh were taking a bath in our big deep tub when Arwen walked in and dove face first into the deep water. John was nearby in our "toilet room". Joseph immediately grabbed her up, put her out of the tub and alerted John. I am so grateful to have such a quick thinking 4 year old boy.
- Last week, I switched the summer clothes for the winter clothes. This week Josh has decided that he hates all clothes. He throws a big fit every time he is dressed and keeps the fit going until he is in nothing more than a diaper. He fussed all through Costco on Wednesday. Then later when I let him run around without clothing, he cried that he was cold. Still he would not put clothes on. I think he needs to be Captain Underpants for Halloween because he's not putting on any other costume.
- Well, Arwen could have drowned. We are very thankful she is safe and well. She's walking around and getting into all the cupboards and drawers. She pulls the books off the shelves, and pushes toys all over the house. I think she has officially gained toddler status. Still, I like her as my little baby.
This Week's Pictures
| Crazy Hair Day at school, but I think she looks more darling than crazy |
2 comments:
I always love your updates. Your husband is the same age as one of my son's. It makes me feel really old when I think about how old my oldest children are. They are all in their 40's and 30's. Time has gone by so fast.
I am so happy that you have quick thinking children that are protective of those that get into dangerous situations. I know the spirit is working there as a warning.
The pictures were awesome and I like their Halloween costums.
I love the pictures! Happy Birthday John, don't feel too bad... I always forget how old I am. Is that subliminal?
Post a Comment