Monday, September 17, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House

Last Thursday, we had the opportunity to take our kids to the Brigham City Temple Open House. Grandma Robertson reserved the tickets for everyone. John and I and 8 of our children, Jer and Rosanne and their 3 children came with Grandma and Grandpa. I really like that we had the opportunity to let our children walk through and see the inside of the Temple.  John and I  talked to the kids about the different rooms. I like that they get to see how simply beautiful and peaceful the temple feels. The little kids agreed that the temple does feel like a house Jesus would want to enter. I walked through the Seattle Temple open house when I was seven. I cherished that experience for years. It is great to be able to give my young children that same experience.


 Highlights

Grandma and Grandpa helped our smaller children stay reverent. Joseph anxiously tried to join the family in line ahead of us. Jer said, "Oh for Heaven's sake, " to his son in the Celestial room. John hobbled on his not completely healed broken leg carrying Arwen. Joshua happily clung to Grandma the whole time.  Johnny told the bus driver that his favorite rooms were the Celestial room and the Sealing Room, and Rachel was mostly interested in the white plastic footies over her shoes.
the kids who came from left to right: Evelyn, Sammy, Rachel, Ada, Anya, Joseph, Johnny, Adam, Josh, Kate, and Arwen