Ruth went to her first youth dance on Saturday. I LOVED having her come home and sit in my bed with me and tell me all about the dance. Teenage girls are so fun. I cannot imagine my boys doing that.
Ruth went to the dance late. She said there were only 35 to 45 people in attendance, even though it was a regional dance. She said that the boys do not ask the girls to dance unless they are 16 and already dating steady. So, Ruth asked a boy to dance. As soon as he said, "yes", a severely autistic girl (cannot talk) came up and took over. Ruth shrugged and went and sat back down with her friends. But, the same boy asked her to dance for three more dances and Ruth asked the boy's friend to dance with her friend.
Ruth came home all glowy and happy. She is a lovely girl.
3 comments:
I'm SO proud of Ruth!
I love the teen years! :-) Both my boys and girls come home from stake dances with shining eyes and happy faces. Luckily, our dances down here are HUGE and lots of fun. (My kids make sure all their homeschooling friends who are spread out all over the metro, go to the same one. They have a great time!)
I hope the next dance has way more people and is even more fun for your daughter! What a smart girl to take the opportunity to ask the boy-- and to allow the other girl a chance to dance, too. (Good job training her, mom!)
She IS lovely!
Post a Comment