Friday, May 11, 2012

The New Dish Washer

I didn't want to buy a new dish washer. I would rather have spent the money on the wood laminate for the floor I want, or a down payment for braces. But the old (actually only two year old) dishwasher broke down for the second time in two years.

Being rather frustrated when I went dishwasher shopping. I really didn't give any thought to the cheap models. The old/new dishwasher never washed well, and broke down yearly. I didn't expect to get a new dish washer that would wash well because the other new dishwasher didn't wash well ever! I had to rinse the dishes completely.

I went to the store, and basically decided on kitchen aid because of my amazing kitchen aid mixer that belonged to my Grandma. I came home and looked at reviews for about 3 different dish washers. The one I wanted, actually had decent reviews.

For a rather dumb family home evening, but to get the sale price, we took the family to Lowes that night for a dishwasher buying FHE. When we got there, we found out that the dishwasher, I had decided on was going to be at least two weeks coming. So we looked at the reviews of a few other models with the same features.

The kitchen aid rated the best by far, and not just for total percentage of stars. The one star ratings for the kitchen aid all said it didn't dry well enough, or they had to rinse the dishes before loading the dish washer. The one star ratings for the other two models we were considering said things like, "the motor quit working after six months," or "it leaks all over the floor". I decided to go with the dishwasher that had the least painful one star ratings.

As luck would have it, we got the new dish washer installed only 8 days after purchasing it!

Normally, I don't even say I like a new appliance until I have tried it out for a year. Appliances have a way of disappointing. But... I LOVE THIS DISHWASHER! (I hope it continues to love me back.)

It has a garbage disposal in the bottom, so all you have to do is scrape food off and load truly disgusting and dirty dishes. I was dubious about them coming out clean without even so much as a gentle rinse. But the dishes came out VERY CLEAN! And there was not a chunk of food in the bottom of the dish washer. You can put in cooked on casserole dishes and they come out clean.

I am so happy to get clean dishes without all of the fuss of rinsing and wiping before hand. One other wonderful thing is there is just a lot more space! I can fit in so  many more dishes including pots and pans and cookie sheets and all. I have only had to run the dishwasher off once a day and I have had less than half of the wash by hand dishes that I had before.

So, I LOVE MY NEW DISHWASHER!

I still would rather used the money for a down payment on braces, but since we had to get a new dishwasher, I am at least glad that it works well and is a whole lot better than what we had before. Here's hoping for a good 8 to 10 years of loading this dishwasher.

No comments: