Sunday, April 22, 2012

Very Blessed and Very Lucky

It's not my anniversary, or father's day, or my husband's birthday, BUT... I have been thinking a lot about how very blessed and very lucky I am to have such a good husband!

John is amazing in so many ways. He is the best father ever. He spends individual time with several of our children each day. My kids know their dad, and love their dad, and respect their dad a lot. And it's because they know without a doubt that their dad cares about them each personally and indivually.

John is the best husband. He tells me that I am pretty every day-- even though I disagree. He helps me clean the kitchen. He bathes the little kids. He lets me be the one to sleep in on Saturday mornings. He takes me on dates every week. He reminds me to say my prayers and to read my scriptures. He is my best friend. I love hanging out with him and talking to him.

John works hard 5 days a week at a job he absolutely HATES! I am so glad that he does. I know for sure that he would have quit that job the first week he was there, if he cared more about himself than his family.

John is FUNNY!!!! He is always joking and using humor and I LOVE IT!!! He makes life easier by joking about it.

I am very blessed, and very lucky. I did not deserve John, but I am sure glad that he chose me to be his wife and the mother of his children. I wouldn't be who I am, without my good husband.

4 comments:

Rachel Keppner said...

What a beautiful tribute! :-)

rozanny said...

I'm always glad for Jer as well!

Daughter of Eve said...

I think you are selling yourself short....absolutely John is blessed to have such a devoted wife. He is blessed to have a woman who loves the Lord and enjoys and loves being a Mother. He is blessed to have you because you are devoted to the cause of freedom in all ways, thus working with others to ensure that the children will continue to have religious freedom. He is blessed to have a woman who actually sees his fine qualities and loves him for that and also a myriad of other reasons that really only a devoted spouse will recognize. He is blessed having you because you had the same strong values taught to you as a child and forward, thus ensuring the values will pass on to the next generation.

I am blessed to be your Mother, who loves you and the wonderful family of grand kids you have produced. YOU need to NOT sell yourself short.......YOU ARE HIS Blessing!

love you ...mom xoxoxox

Carrie said...

Hi Diane, I just found your blog a little while ago. I have to tell you that I love it! I love reading about your opinions and articles, etc. The main reason I am commenting here is just to tell you that you do deserve a wonderful husband! You are amazing!!