Monday, April 18, 2011

Ramblings


I've just been thinking a lot. My baby, is already 3 months old. I have conscientiously tried to enjoy those new born days. I know they go by so fast. Joshua  is such a calm, swet, easy going baby. He is easy to enjoy; he makes life feel better most of the time. But those newborn days are gone. Joshua holds himself up. He is smilely, and social. He has rolled a few times from his stomach to his back. He is not my new born baby anymore.

In a short five years, Ruth will be graduating high school and getting ready to head off to college. That is sad to think about. But at the same time, I know that THAT is what we are doing. We are trying to raise our children to be happy independent adults. I had Ruthy so she can grow up, go to college, get married and have kids of her own. It is bittersweet. I know I will miss Ruth's little kid years. I am going to conscientiously try to enjoy and have fun with Ruth through these last five years as she grows into that girl that will be saying goodbye and heading off to college.

8 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh my goodness! What an adorable family you have.

I have a hard time really enjoying the moment sometimes, especially those newborn months.

Thank you for this post. It was just what I needed. :)

Monika Pardon said...

I love that picture, Diane. Ruth has grown up so much, but it happens. Life goes by while we aren't looking. Just be happy that you can trust her to make the right decisions. She's intelligent and beautiful and independent and she loves the Lord and her family. What more can you ask for?

LeAnn said...

Time does fly and my main saying is just enjoy all of the precious moments!
Blessings to you! LeAnn

Alida B. said...

I love this post, absolutely love.

Handsfullmom said...

Five years passes by SO fast. I have six until Lillian graduates. That's not much time!

Amber said...

I'm feeling it too, my oldest just turned 12 and started young women's! It is bittersweet. My babies aren't really babies anymore and it makes me sad and glad at the same time. Very bittersweet.

Daughter of Eve said...

....and I remember when you had only 5 years left with us before you left for college....and when you left for college we only had summers and Christmas together...and than off to the University of Mich where you met John....now I only see you upon ocassion...and miss those moments and times we spent together...yes please enjoy the five years because soon she will be graduated from college and married...but please do remember you get to do this 7+ more times....love you forever....YOUR MOM xoxoxox

Becca said...

that pictures is sweet. and you know what? it makes me sad and happy to think about my kids growing up. bittersweet is right! I've really loved having this special time with grace and rocky where we are at home a lot and spend a lot of time with just us. but just last night James said to Rock" you're growing up aren't you? you're not a baby anymore." and it made me want to cry.