Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

Download LDS Collage (640Wx375H)
We had a good Easter. We did Easter bunny stuff on Easter, which in the past we have postponed for a week to get the candy on the 75% off sale. But this year John wanted to be like every one else and do Easter candy on Easter, and I wanted not so much candy as we get when it is 75% off.

Surprisingly, none of the candy stuff seemed to take away from the real meaning of Easter. I have always been quite clear that there is no such thing as an Easter Bunny, so that is not an issue. The 4 oldest kids stuffed the plastic eggs, and Ruth and Kate helped hide the eggs. Then they all found candy filled eggs Easter morning. Ruth and Kate were rather bossy about the proper way to find eggs, so we will not let them hide the eggs in the future. However, Ruth and Kate went to the thrift store the day before and bought the other 6 kids stuffed bunnies. I was very touched with their generosity. They enjoyed putting all the presents they bought into the Easter baskets.

After the kids ate a jelly bean, chocolate breakfast, and I cleaned up a jelly bean chocolate breakfast mess (about an hour clean up). We had a very nice lesson about Easter. I got the lesson idea from another blogger here. We didn't do the treat part, but the lesson part went amazingly well. The kids seemed to gain a deeper appreciation of what the Savior suffered for us. Thanks for posting the idea other blog mom.

Church was next from 1 to 4. Then we came home and made a big ham dinner with our favorite orange rolls. The orange rolls were our favorite part of the dinner. We could have just had orange rolls and I think we would have still felt like it was a holiday dinner. My brother and Sister came for the dinner. We had fun chatting with them. And thanks to Duncan Hines we had a cake for dessert.

I did a terrible job at planning for Easter this year. We lucked out and had a nice celebration of the Resurrection and Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. We are so grateful for His love and sacrifice. What a blessing it is to have these truths in our life and to know that because of Jesus Christ's sacrifices, we can live as a happy family forever.



1 comment:

rozanny said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! I don't like cleaning up candy messes either... especially chocolate ones... but oh well...