Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Johnny's Math Word Problem
Johnny has an ear infection. I made him wait about 36 hours to see if it would go away and when it didn't seem to be healing very quickly on its own I took him to the doctor. Yesterday Johnny asked me how much medicine does he have to take. I told him 1 1/2 teaspoons, twice a day for 10 days. Johnny asked how many doses had he taken already. I said one on Sunday, two on Monday and you have had your two today. Then Johnny said that because he had only taken medicine once on Sunday that he would actually have to take it for 11 days. He then said 1 and 1/2 plus 1 and 1/2 is 2+1. That is 3. So I have to take 3 teaspoons a day times 10 days. That is 30 teaspoons of medicine. That is a lot of medicine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HOly crap, yes JOnny is John's son....all that math! Smart kiddo. I am excite for you guys to move out here.
Yup suuuuuper smart. James and I Always tell people about our super smart nephew and his math skills. I also like to add that he loved doing my hair one time and always wanted to brush it and do it and would exclaim, "you are SO beautiful like that!" haha. I said that the smartest kid in teh world is going to end up being a hairdresser. ;o) But I'm pretty John would never allow that. haha.
Post a Comment