Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's hard to Believe

I read this on CNN this morning. I know there has been a lot of moral decay, but it seems as if it is exponential decay. It is alarming. And this very fact, I believe will even speed up moral decay.

"Nearly 40 percent of babies born in the United States in 2007 were delivered by unwed mothers, according to data released last month by the National Center for Health Statistics. The 1.7 million out-of-wedlock births, of 4.3 million total births, marked a more than 25 percent jump from five years before."

When Ruth was a baby, I remember being struck by how important it seemed for Ruth to have both her parents. Even though John was finishing his PhD and I did everything for Ruth myself. John never fed her or changed her diapers and he only played with her on Saturdays. But just having John there made me a better, well balanced mother for little Ruth. Now that my kids are older, and seeing how important their dad is to them, I know more than ever that I could not provide everything they need. I do not know or understand why this is the case, but I do know that I am very blessed to have a husband who is a good father and a righteous man for my sons and daughters to look up to and in a way see the character of their Heavenly Father.

No comments: