Saturday, April 4, 2009
Surprised
My whole marriage I have been trying to have the perfect house. I have wanted to have it perfectly clean at all times with no clutter, no dust, no soap scum-- basically a clean house with the idea, "a place for everything and everything in its place." I have never been able to accomplish this goal because of my husband and children with their toys, papers, books, and clutter that they have often been annoyed with me for putting away or getting rid of. And because I have often chosen to play with kids and let the pick up wait a while. Well now I have finally achieved my goal!!! I have a good excuse to tell everyone to put everything away all of the time and to keep it that way because we are selling the house. I have been able to keep all of the chrome spot free, the sinks shining, and dust to a minimum. But to my surprise I do not love it. It is just too much work. On Sundays, when we are not having any showings, I am relieved to not have to tell the kids to put their toys away immediately or to have to clear away John's books, wallet, keys, papers etc from whatever surface he deems most convenient. I will be glad when I can let a few toys hang out on the floor and a few papers stacked by the computer once again. Life sure can be surprising some times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment