Thursday, April 16, 2009
Humored About Showings
We have been having a lot of showings on the house. We have had 6 already this week and have another scheduled for today already. As a result my house in some sense has been extraordinarily clean. In another sense, it is messier than usual. It has been a bit of a trick trying to figure out how to get all of the sheets and blankets washed between showings, and instead of disinfecting our sinks like I normally do, I have been just wiping them all out with a facecloth before each showing. But I swept the floor 4 times yesterday, and I have vacuumed very thoroughly every day and I have been dusting a couple of times a week. We have no toys out, no books out, and no papers anywhere to be seen. But the toys are a little more disorganized because we have been just throwing things in boxes at random when we are in a hurry. I guess I will sort all that out before we move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. That's intense. I can't say that I feel your pain, but maybe a taste of it.
I had a friend and her kids over for lunch and playtime today. They had just left when I got a phone call from the in-laws. "...we'll be there in about 10 minutes to see your new place..."
Rushing as quickly as I could to get the dishes out of the sink and loaded, lunch cleaned up, the toys put away, Grace watching a movie, the cookies and pretzels all off the floor, laundry in my room folded but not put away yet, not to mention the fact that the dumpster is half a block away so all our trash and empty moving boxes were piled by the door, ALL cleaned and put away before they showed up.
I admit openly to hiding the trash in a closet, and the loose papers and mail that were covering the counter slid easily in the top of a kitchen drawer. Ahhh. It looked very much like a clean and organized home when they arrived. I hope they didn't notice I was sweating.
Thanks for the story Becca. We got a good chuckle out of it.
Yeeah, my house is pretty much always messy these days, but I try to keep it "close" to clean, so that if anyone calls to see it I can have it looking decent pretty quickly. I know what you mean about the toys. mine are usually pretty organized but when I am just trying to make their room look decent in a minute I just throw all the toys in the bin and shut the closet door.
Post a Comment