
As I was curling my hair (For some reason funny things often seem to happen while I am curling my hair. Maybe it is the kids way of sabotaging my efforts to look decent.) Kate came into my bathroom and said, "You know that thing that we keep boogers in?" Already I am completely lost. When did we ever keep boogers or have a thing to keep them in? "What?!!!" I say. "You know that blue thing that we keep boogers in." I am still lost, but I think I must wait for some explanation. Maybe this is some kind of joke, I think. "Well," Kate continues, "Johnny is trying to squirt the boogers out at me!" Okay, stop. This is weird. Kate does seem to be serious. "What are you talking about. Have you been saving your boogers in something." "No," Kate says, "It is that thing that we keep boogers in." "Kate we do not keep our boogers!!!! We throw our boogers away!!"I earnestly declare. "Mom, well Johnny is squirting boogers at me from the blue thing." "Kate are you joking? Are these real boogers?"I ask. "No, I am not joking they are real boogers." Well I am completely baffled and utterly disgusted. Did they get something from school as a Halloween thing to shoot boogers from? So I reply, "Well, we are not suppose to save boogers. You better throw that away immediately!!!" Kate stares for a moment and asks, "You want me to throw it away?" "Yes, Kate. That is disgusting!!!!" "Okay, Mom," she said and left. I then finished curling my hair and had a sudden realization. That blue thing that squirts boogers is probably the nasal syringe. When we have used it for boogers we would have rinsed and drained it right away. Later that night after John and I were in bed, I told him this story and he went and checked the trash can in the girls room and sure enough there was the nasal syringe sitting on top of a bunch of papers.
1 comment:
I knew what it was as soon as she said "blue thing". It is amazing how goobers can stay in there even with rinsing and drying.
Post a Comment