Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day Poems from the kids

   


 


Mother's Day Poems from the kids

Anya's Poem

It's been a stormy day

this mother's day.

It is always May

on mother's day?

well anyway

it's still mother's day

so I will say

Happy mother's day.


But it is okay

that today of all days

is a stormy day

even though 

it's mother's day?

well anyway

it's still mother's day

so I will say

Happy mother's day.


Joshua's Poem

Mack went smack

his axe went wack

Jack went back

his sack went crack.


Arwen's Poem

Bake the lake in a cake.

Bake the cake 

back into a lake.


Rachel's Poem

I love you mother

oh so dear

I like you mother 

oh so near

Happy Mother's Day

that's all I want to say.


Johnny's Poem

Yes, I love you mom.
This I know is true
but with words

I'm no good

my handwriting's no better

So I'm afraid

I cannot give you

a good mother's day letter

no, I cannot scrawl

I cannot write

loving words 

like many children's kisses

though perhaps

I might

content myself to show my love

through washing many dishes.


Ruth's Poems

her hands are lathered under soap

As she gives the babe a bath
....
pretty pretty pictures
all inside my head
why can't I lay you down
and make the page your bed
for if I could I'm sure
I could write for mother dear
a poem so satisfying
I'd never have to hear
each year each day that mum would say
"I expect a poem from each"


a child on one foot
a child on the other
a child on one arm
that makes you a mother


mother's day poems are all the same
proses on flowers the stars and rain
yet each verse appears quite lame
all incomplete nonsense and written in vain

one day i'll write a mother's day poem
of herbs and apples that you have grown
and baked in pies or apple tarts
and it will come from my heart


that was sap
mush gush
i am not used to this mush and gush
how can you love such squishy things
made to be sold for diamonds and rings
maybe one day i'll write a poem
a poem you can cash in on
all mother's who read it will burst into tears
and children who read it will cry out in fear
because their mothers will force them to write
a poem much more elegant than it is trite




I'm giving up on poetry
so I'll now type in verse
sooooo:
happy mother's day to you
happy mother's day to you
happy mother's day dear mooom
happy mother's day to you



Adam's Poem

a pleasant happy world

where flowers bloom and butterflies float

where the grass is green and trees are tall

but that green green world is covered

from pole to pole in blood

and the pleasant walks taken in the meadow

are only made cruel

by the human bones we crush

while we walk while we talk

but the crunching grinding bones

do not ring in our ears

while we walk while we talk

and their crying dying souls

screaming screaming with no sound

for us not to mar the further

their damaged visage

while we walk while we talk

And the world sheds her tears

but her tears cannot be found

for in the blood she is thickly covered

the mountains shook and fell

and yet we notice them not

while we walk while we talk

No comments: