I have two gardens, one big one on the north side of the house and one small right outside the back door. The small one in the backyard needs very little care. It lies above the leach field and the chickens, ducks, and geese have access to it at times in the year. It grows really well. The other one I need to water and weed and fertilize. It's the third year in that spot and we keep increasing it. It has been hit and miss, but this year it seems to have overcome many tragedies such as late frost and drought. So far, we have a lot herbs and plenty of sugar snap peas. There's a lot of green tomato, some baby zucchinis and yellow summer squash, green corn stalks, young green beans, and baby butternut squash. I also have 3 honey dew melon plants growing, and I hope that they produce. As it stands, I think that we're producing enough food for 2 maybe 3 people. We have a lot to learn
No comments:
Post a Comment