John turned 49!!! When we got married at 21 and 25, 50 seemed incredibly old. I can't believe it is at our doorstep.
I turned 45. I am halfway to 90 years old now. So much has happened in my lifetime, thus far, particularly with a lot of change in the past 5 years. I cannot imagine what society will look like in another 45 years if it continues on its current course.
We've completed 11 weeks of school. So we've only 5 to go before our holiday vacation.
The fall weather has been 100% enjoyable. The leaves are changing, and it is time to get the basil dried before we have a frost.
I finally got the van fixed. The engine light has been on since last December. So far, it is driving a whole lot better.
The washing machine wouldn't drain. We fixed that and then it completely failed. It kept stopping and putting up a systems failure code. We tried a few things to see if that was wrong. But it wasn't it. 24 hours later, it had no power. We used Lowes to buy a new one because they have a section on their website to shop only for available models. We were able to purchase a new machine, pick it up, bring it home, and set it up all in the same day. It's a top loader with the agitator and it does not clean as well as my last two front loaders, but it won't have the door lock problems and we'll get used to it. The agitator does fluff up our towels a lot more, so we have both softer towels and more lint.
We went to the beach for probably our last swimming trip until the spring. It was gorgeous, sunny, warm, and the kids said that the waves were so calm that it was like swimming in a lake. They really had a good time in the water.
Gideon has been extra clingy. I can't leave the room without him getting upset. He'll go to Ruth for comfort, and he'll go on walks with John, but those are the only other people he goes to willingly without me right there.
1 comment:
I did enjoy reading this one. Happy 50th birthday to John. I remember in my 40's thinking much like you. You are half way to 90. Well, I'm really close to 90 now. I do feel you will be here for the millennium. It can't be that far away. We think we could make it too. Of course, no one knows for sure.
I always hated it when appliances don't work. I am happy you could get a new washing machine. I can't imagine life without one.
I think it is awesome you got one more trip to the beach. I think your last 5 weeks of school will go fast.
I remember the ages of children when they don't want anyone but their Mom. At least it is only a short period of time.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!
Post a Comment