 |
| Kate's drawing of everyone getting their portrait taken |
I guess I am off in my numbers this year, and will only be posting 51 updates. No big deal. We had a busy week with a lot of doctor and dentist appointments, so Monday morning I made the decision to give the family the week off from school making our Christmas break 3 weeks instead of just two. I did not get any complaints from that, and I am glad that I did. It made our week a lot easier and more Christmasy. We sang a lot carols, and played a lot of games together. Though the week was busy, it was good.

- The kids love their time with their dad. I notice that most of them go to him each evening to ask what activity he will do with them. John plays soccer and lots of games with the kids almost everyday. He takes Sam for a shoulder ride everyday. When night falls, Sam will usually seek out Dad, raise his hands in the air and ask for a ride.
- I had 2 doctors appointments this week. Monday was the specialist appointment and everything was looking so good that they said I do not need to come back to them. Friday I had the midwife appointment and the baby failed the non-stress test. He was sleeping and we just could not get him to move around and raise his heart rate. I had eaten a small breakfast of an orange before going, and thought that might be the reason. Still, they sent me to the hospital for more tests. I had little kids with me, so I took them home, got John and a big lunch. I drank a cup of orange juice, which I never do because of blood sugar, but I wanted to be sure all was well. All was well. The baby passed the non-stress test at the hospital within the first half hour. I just needed to feed him a little more. The next non-stress test is the day after Christmas, and I am going to eat a big meal before going.
- We may hear from Ruth a day early because she might not be able to get to wifi on Christmas day.
- Kate made ice cream snowmen and snowflakes for some Christmas crafts with the kids. They loved it.
- Johnny felt ill most of the week. I don't feel like I saw him much as he was either laying down trying to feel better or working on programming and transcribing.
- Adam woke up early on Saturday morning and cleaned inside and underneath the couches, his bedroom, and one bathroom as a surprise for me. Adam had a dentist appointment and has no cavities. He confused the dentist because she was wondering why he had some missing teeth. They took a whole set of x-rays to find out that his 12 year old molars have not grown in yet. Funny, because he is 14, big, and has a deep voice.
- Rachel finally made a lot of progress on her Book of Mormon reading. She might actually get it finished before the new year.
- Anya has no cavities too, but has to go back to get a sealant on one of her 6 year old molars. She will have that done on the same day the rest of the kids have their check ups.
- Joseph has no cavities, and given how awful his mouth was the last time, that is really good news. I think he has learned to take good care of his teeth.
- Josh had no cavities too. He talked and talked and talked the whole time he was having his teeth cleaned. He also gagged and complained about the taste of the toothpaste, and called the dentist old. I think I need to take him into public more.
- Arwen's quiet and content and because of that she tends to stay in the back ground a lot playing and taking care of herself.
- Susan asked Kate her name and Kate said "Kathryn". Susan told her that Kathryn is not pretty, so it is not her name. But "Kate" is pretty.
- Miracle of miracles!! We have our presents wrapped and under the Christmas tree and Sam has not opened them. That's surprising because Kate wrapped a bunch, took a short break and Sam snuck in and unwrapped two.
- As of last Monday, Gideon weighed in at about 7lbs. His brain is completely healed, though I feel to be cautious with anything after he is born since he basically experienced encephalitis before birth. I wonder if he will be sensitive to chemicals and medications and such.
Pictures
 |
| the last of our beautiful fall leaves |
 |
| A very kind reader of my blog sent us a Christmas dinner from Honey Baked Ham. All we have to do is stick it in the oven. It is in the fridge thawing and awaiting Christmas! |
 |
| ice cream snowmen |
2 comments:
Dearest Diane & family,
I so hope you enjoy the Christmas dinner!!!!!
Merry Christmas!
Lynne
I'm so happy that you and the baby are doing well. I think it is awesome that John spends a lot of play and instruction time with the kids. I loved reading about what they are all doing. I think it is good that you are giving them 3 weeks off from school. I am sure this makes life a little less hectic. I had our present wrapped earlier this year and it made a big difference with having time to sit back and relax a little bit more.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas week and New Year Celebration.
Sending loving thoughts, wished for blessings and hugs your way!
Post a Comment