Sunday, December 2, 2018

Stories from Ruth #61


One Proposal, Two Proposals, Three Propsals, Four...

Yes. You read that right. I think I might even have more. The first picture is my reaction after we taught an eighty year old man who had the strange idea that because he thought I was pretty I would marry him. He even said he could try to compete with Jesus Christ. Oh heavens no! 

This week has been full of miracles and wild adventures. 

Right after the first photo an India man and his sister came up and asked if we could help them with something and now we are teaching him. Best of all he made curry just for us this morning! 
Stephen is doing really well! We invited him and his wife to read the Book of Mormon together every night. 
Tony from my last area also got baptized! It is so wonderful to see the people I have taught accept the gospel and enter into the waters of baptism. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have had to serve here in England. It is absolutely my favourite although at times it is so hard. 

I just want to share  a scripture from the Book of Mormon. 

Alma 32:16 "Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe."

I know that God really wants us to trust him. He has given us the way to judge and we know that every good things comes from God. God does not have to prove things to us before we should believe, but we are here to prove him and to show that we will be righteous and faithful. 

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love her scripture and thoughts. I always enjoy her updates, and I love seeing the success she is having. It is beautiful when they work hard, teach and then have the baptism blessing. I loved it all!
Hugs for Ruth!