This week was a pretty average school week. It rained all day Tuesday and then we woke up to snow on Wednesday morning. It was melted by midday and in the evening I took the kids to their youth activities and Kate went out with the sister missionaries while I did all the grocery shopping. By Friday it was nice and warm and the kids spent a lot of time playing outside.
- John has been working pretty hard on different things, probably a good 10 or more hours a day to make himself more employable.
- I am astonished how long it takes me to grocery shop for this family now. I used to shop weekly, but now I do it every two weeks now to save on gas. It is always about 4 hours to leave, shop, come home, and then another hour more to get it all put away.
- I loved all that Ruth had to say to Kate. I love how hard my two oldest girls are working and trying to have all the spiritual protection they can get to prepare to be mothers. I think of them as the virgins who have spare oil.
- Kate has started to fill out her mission papers and we have found a dentist who is a member of the church and said he would help us with that part. We will make an appointment with him right away, but we will still need to find a doctor.
- Johnny was sick this week. I knew he really didn't feel well because he complained, which he never does, and he didn't help at all, which he always does.
- The weather has been a bit cold, but on the nicer days, Adam is outside.
- Rachel does not like to be sent to bed, so when we send her to bed, she stays up very late reading. She's been reading about 3 books a week, and only reads after she is sent to bed.
- Anya has made up a mystical world game that she has been playing with Joseph and Adam. She has also gotten everyone to go outside and play their store game again.
- Joseph got a big treat because he read 4 books in two weeks, and he shared it all freely.
- Josh asked Kate if Easter was tomorrow. Kate said no, that it is in April. He said, "Oh, well can we have it today then?" Josh came to me and said, "Mom, do you remember that time we had Easter on a Sunday?" And when I told Josh that it sounded like he was losing his voice, he said, "Or Adam stole it, or a dragon did."
- Arwen told me that she had lost her paints, so I took them from the place I had hidden them and gave them to her. Then Arwen went outside and painted a bunch of rocks.
- No matter how hard we try, we cannot get Susan to stay in bed before midnight. When John gets a job, I think we will buy a lock and try and persuade her that way. An older friend of mine was telling me how she told her kids to just clothes their eyes and they would be able to get to sleep and it worked. I tried that too, but it failed.
- Samuel loves to go outside. But we have to be very careful to watch him because he has also decided that it is perfectly fine to wander away.
Pictures
2 comments:
I love the picture of the clothes drying on the line. I spent almost 3 years washing clothes by hand and drying it on the line.... I always thought it was pretty, even if I didn't particularly like doing the actual washing.
Our weather is a bit finicky too. I am praying that your John finds somethings soon. I love how Kate is preparing for her mission. Of course, Ruth is an inspiration. You do have such great children. I always love reading about them all. I love that you teach them to read. I think reading is so important.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!
Post a Comment