Thursday, October 26, 2017

Stories from Ruth #6


Saturday we went to a cemetery and helped cleaned it up and uncover graves. We have done this twice and I love it! We discover new graves all the time it's kind of cool and I'm sure my loving it has to do with family history. The cemetery is gorgeous! It's all woody and wild! We pulled off like five inches of moss and dirt and discovered a really old grave. There are these beautiful flowery trees that have grown over some of the graves and we hedge then so it's like a canopy around the grave that you can crawl into a hole sit down and see the grave, but outside it looks like a flowering tree. I love it! There is also the owners cute little dog that comes and helps me dig out the stones or chase away big toads. His name is Hugo and actually makes me wonder if I might like dogs.

We went to the beach! My first transfer and I actually go to go to the beach! It was awesome! The water was brown at first which was a little gross, but it cleared up as the day went on. Turns out It was because of this tropical storm in Scotland and Whales called Ophelia. Then the sky went brown that night. It Elder Grush's first time ever seeing the ocean which was kind of fun since he was ecstatic about everything. I think we went to Klacton in Essex and it was gorgeous and so relaxing. We ate fish and chips which were huge! I almost couldn't finish it. Best p-day so far.

I'm getting a new companion tomorrow, who was Sister Cooks MTC companion. Actually all the trainers in our district are leaving and all the greenies have to take over the Cambridge areas. I'm a little nervous because I still have no idea where anything is. Since we bike I kind of just follow Sister Cook and try not to get hit by a car. So next transfer is going to be so different! 

Nothing much happened this week because Sister Cook got really sick. We did see a few miracles as we needed a Romanian and a traditional Chinese Book of Mormon and just happened to find those two languages at the senior couples house, even though they don't have that many languages. We met this one girl in Parker Piece who just got married and moved from Brazil four days ago. She is interested in learning and is excited for us to help her learn more English which is going to be fun! Sister Cook and I also felt prompted to talk to this one girl who looked really sad and young. Her name was Nicole and she grew up in an atheist household. However, when she went to religious studies at school she felt like it was right and believes in Christianity. We had her read some of the Book of Mormon and she said she would like to read it someday. So we gave her a copy, and our contact. We can't teach her without parent permission, but I know she will read it, and she needed that copy then.  

1 comment:

rozanny said...

I think it's so neat that we have the Book of Mormon translated into so many languages! It's neat to learn about God and Christ in your own.