Sunday, February 12, 2017
Interesting Conversation: What Our Family Will Look Like in 3 Years
I can't remember what started the conversation, but Rachel, Kate, and I started talking about where our family would be in three years from Feb 11th, and I thought it was interesting. Never before was I able to say in three years there would be so many permanent changes. My 3 oldest kids will all be grown up and moved away. Rachel and Adam and Anya will be our teens and youth. Joseph, Joshua, and Arwen will be the ages the middle kids are now. Susan will be in kindergarten and Sam will be 3 and probably very spoiled.
Ruth will be seeking to be married if she is not already at that point. Kate will be at the end of her mission and Johnny will have been a missionary for up to 4 months. It's weird to think about having these three kids that have defined my adult life beginning their lives as adults. And it is almost impossible to envision Joshua as a 9 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Time presses forward no matter what! I recall so clearly what life was like when all five of our children were little! And now we are empty nesters. Enjoy each day with all its joy and trial, make happy memories and keep an eternal perspective. You have such a beautiful family!
Time flies!
Wow, what three years can bring! It's all so true, Children do grow up quick and all of a sudden they are adults on their own and soon married with chiildren.
I look back on our life and it seems impossible that my oldest son is 48 and my youngest daughter is 38. Then to think I have such a large number of grandchildren and quite a few of them will be making the same changes as yours within three years. Of course, this means more great grandchildren for me.
Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment