Sunday, February 19, 2017

This Week at Our House # 7



  1. John took me on a date Monday for lunch to an Italian restaurant, and then on a date Tuesday night to a really good smoked bbq restaurant for Valentine's Day. He cooked lasagna for the sister missionaries on Wednesday. Thursday night, he did not go to bed, so he could have his project finished for work. Friday, things went well as he presented his project to his employer. Saturday, John took the youth to the Temple and then out to dinner and desert. He had a busy week.
  2. I was not as ambitious as John. I took Kate and Johnny to early morning seminary and homeschooled. That takes up all of my days. I counted how much more early morning seminary, I still have. I will have 1 more year for Johnny, a year off, and then 17 more years straight.
  3. Ruth has her mission papers submitted to her Bishop. I have not heard if she has had her Bishop and Stake President interviews yet. I'm hoping she gets that done within the next week. She has wisdom tooth surgery on Thursday. 
  4. Kate went out with the missionaries 3 days this week. She got to help teach, and came home just glowing. Then she went to the Temple on Saturday and got to baptize her 7th great grandmother and 3 other ancestors. Today she gave a talk in Church that she wrote and researched and prayed and listened to the Spirit all on her own. I think she had a happy and busy week.
  5. Johnny has almost finished an over 1000 page American history book and will be moving on to reading the Age of Napoleon. That is one of the big things I LOVE about home school. My kids have the time for in depth learning.
  6. Adam worked a lot on the garden plot. John sent Kate, Johnny, and Rachel out to help him. They got the soil dug up and loosened two feet down in square sections.
  7. Rachel's primary teacher stopped me in the halls today to tell me how cute and fun Rachel is.
  8. Anya kept saying she felt sick a few days this week. I wasn't quite sure she was being honest because she didn't have any obvious symptoms. But then on Friday she had a fever. Saturday morning she woke up and said she felt all the way better.
  9. Joseph is at that age where he will do just about anything to play computer games, so on Saturday I let him do some chores to play an hour of computer. When his hour was up, I said he had to do another chore for another hour. That kept happening all day, so our house was very clean all day on Saturday for Joseph to play video games. 
  10. Joshua can finally sleep without wetting the bed, put on his own shoes, take his own clothes on and off, and buckle his own seat belt. It has taken some time and effort to get him to this point. I am more than grateful he is there.
  11. Arwen has been playing with Susan everyday now. They set their toys up on the table and play pretend with them. I have always loved to hear my little kid's imaginations as their toys talk to one another.
  12. Susan still has huge screaming tantrums almost everyday. The last few days, she gets so mad that instead of us sending her to bed, she sends herself to bed. Rachel mentioned that Suzy is almost 3 now and that means that she will not longer scream. We can hope.
  13. Sam can roll from his back to his belly now. He will only sleep in my bed with me, and he is spitting up a lot more. We are still just enjoying his cute little babiness.
Tender Mercies
  1. John's increased ability to work and provide for our family.
  2. Kate has been good for me as she reminds me to go walking everyday. She likes it because we talk and I badly need the exercise.
  3. I found this great website that has many quotes from the prophets organized by topics. I spent hours this week reading it to myself and my kids. (Two nights I did not go to bed until after 2 am because it was so interesting.)
Pictures
Our right pink somewhat heart shaped chocolate chip valentine's day pancakes
























4 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh, it looks like you had a really great week. John certainly did a great job of Valentine moments. Love that Ruth got her papers in and Kate is preparing for her mission too. I love reading about each of your children; they are accomplishing and learning such good things.
I know I would not look forward to 17 more years of driving children to Seminary. I did alot of that myself and taught it for 4 years. You are an awesome family and I always enjoy your photos. Blessings and hugs!

rozanny said...

I love all the temple stuff! Yay!

Daughter of Eve said...

We were at the Temple at Saturday ...looked to see if any of you were there, but I didn't see anyone. We took some dear friends of ours. Jaye had not been since 1993 because of a not so positive experience...Heavenly Father gave me the right ideas to help her through....it was good and Dad and I did 3 family cards.

Diane said...

Mom, they got there just before 6pm for the family baptistry time.That's the only time you can go for that.