Monday, January 9, 2017

This Week at Our House #1



  1. It was a quiet week. We really had nothing very important or interesting going on. John worked and we went on a date and that was about it. 
  2. Ruth left on Wednesday morning, so we started school back up as soon as I got home from the airport. The kids got right back into the swing of things with ease, and I enjoyed being more scheduled.
  3. Ruth was supposed to fly back on Tuesday, but we noticed that I had really biffed it with booking her flight and we did not feel that her lay over was at all safe for an 18 year girl travelling alone. We paid the fee and sent her home the next morning instead. She got back up to BYUI the same time she would have. She just didn't have the opportunity to see her aunt and uncle and grandparents like we had planned. She started classes again on Thursday. She is changing things up a bit in her schedule and waiting for her financial aid to come through and everything. She has 2 new roommates that she seems quite happy with.
  4. Kate was sad to see Ruth go, but got right back into school and school work.
  5. Johnny is now preparing to take the ACT. We are considering graduating him a semester early since it is just homeschool and having him start BYUI online next winter. In essence it would still be homeschool, but it would make it so he could probably get 4 semesters of college in before his mission while not really changing anything. He is already doing math, history, english, and science from college text books. Our only hesitation is money since we will have a missionary out.
  6. Adam was excited for his first temple trip, but the Temple closed for the snow storm. We will have to reschedule for him. He has been doing family history everyday. 
  7. Rachel was sad to see Ruth go. She has really gotten to love her two older sisters in the last year. I think it will be hard on her when Kate goes.
  8. Anya did well with school starting back up. She woke up early and got all of her independent work done before 10am. Her 9th birthday is tomorrow and she is really excited about that.
  9. Joseph heard me read the Agatha Christie book with Kate on Christmas day and since then he has been very interested in reading Agatha Christie. I think he is too young, so I got him some Encyclopedia Brown books. I hope he likes them.
  10. Josh did well getting back into a school schedule. He didn't seem to mind doing his work at all.
  11. I've kept Arwen with me and pretty scheduled and think that has been good for her.
  12. Susan was mad at Arwen for playing with her tea set, so she picked it up and threw it on the floor. One of the plates broke. She knew immediately that she had done the wrong thing, so she went straight upstairs and put herself to bed. 
  13. Sam likes me to jump him. I jump him up and down and sometimes sing a little song to him. When the jumping stops he either lifts his arms or bends his knees because he wants more.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Love!

LeAnn said...

This was a fun update and I enjoyed learning how each of your individual children were adjusting back into the school routine. You are amazing and I think you are doing such a great job with homeschooling. It hardly seems possible that your son is getting that close to college and a mission. Loved this one and hugs for all!