Sunday, January 29, 2017

The March for Life



Kate,Sam, and I went to the national March for Life in Washington DC, Friday. It was an incredible and exhausting experience. We left on a train at 2 am, and got back home at 1 am, 23 hours later.

There was a rally with several speakers and a march. The march was a mighty river of people of goodwill and brotherly love. Never have I been in a crowd where the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself was so thoroughly felt and acted upon. The policemen and security guards were gentle and kind. The people there for the march were happy, polite, and kind. The speakers were good and inspiring.



For the first time, in the 44 years of the march, a member of the executive branch attended. Vice President, Mike Pence, spoke. His wife introduced him. His wife was lovely. Mike Pence spoke of hope. I like him. He was there because he believes abortion is wrong. He says it, and he acts on it. His voting record is proof. I am glad that we have a good man as the vice president.

The crowd of youth was impressive. There were at least as many high school and college students as there were adults of all ages. Kate loved that her age group was so very well represented.



At the end of the march. Kate and I went to the national art museum. I loved being there with Kate, Sam and no toddlers. I have always loved going to art museums, but I usually have a toddler along and that is no fun.

At the train station, we had the pleasure of talking to another mother and daughter. They had a family with 9 children and home school. They came from St. Louis.

I will probably go again in the coming years. It just felt wonderful to be in a crowd of a million people who were there for love of their fellowmen and no other reason. There is nothing to gain by speaking against abortion. It is not about self; it is all about saving the lives and the dignity of other people.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love that you were able to do this one and I think it was a marvelous things to do with your children. It is such a great cause and it is aweosme to hear that it was a peaceful, loving March. The cause is so important. Hugs for you all!