- Ugh, John was offered a job interview, but they wanted him to travel to New Jersey on his own cost instead of just skyping. But at least interviews are starting to come.
- I was intending to have home school go through Friday, but it was the end of year and we all knew it, so I gave up on Wednesday. But I don't think elementary kids do anything the last 2 to 3 days of school anyway.
- Ruth had seminary graduation. There were 20 graduates in this stake. They did a pretty big deal with a big buffet and the food in the South is always good. We enjoyed that.
- Kate has her second try at the ACT in 2 more weeks. She will be spending these next two weeks studying and preparing.
- Johnny was very sweet and stayed home to do the dishes and help John with the little kids instead of going to seminary graduation.
- I gave the kids a list of things they had to get done each day during summer break and then I said I would be fairly free about computer games and movies. Adam took advantage of this policy and spent as much time as he possibly could on computer games. That meant he was spending a good 8 hours a day glued to the computer. So now I have to change that rule, at least for Adam. The other kids were very reasonable mostly played card games, toys, or outside.
- Rachel loves playing card games. She is always getting large groups of kids together to play cards. I love playing skip-o with her, but she loves monopoly deal and plays it a lot of everyone else.
- Anya caught a whole bunch of tadpoles and a few frogs. The tadpoles seem to be doing well. They have more than doubled in size. I wonder if we will get to see them turn into frogs.
- Joseph has been catching toads and frogs, putting them in buckets over night and hoping they will be there in the morning. But they have not been there yet.
- During sharing time in primary, they asked all of the little kids what they did to help their dad. Josh made the whole room laugh when he said, "I help my dad eat donuts."
- Arwen and Susan have been playing together a lot more. It's mostly cute and sometimes a little too much fight.
- Suzy has a lot more words now. She will repeat just about anything we tell her to say, but she is also just starting to talk to us some.
This Week's Pictures
1 comment:
Josh! I love it! Donuts, building and squishy hugs!
Post a Comment