- John had an hr interview Monday afternoon but we haven't heard anymore, do it may be another dead end.
- I am looking for a job too. I applied for a bunch and then lost my phone, which isn't good. But is dead somewhere in the house, so it will be found eventually.
- Ruth is counting down the days until graduation. Seminary graduation is next Sunday and high school graduation is June 9th. She is almost there.
- Kate has finished reading the Old Testament! She will read the New Testament next year for seminary and then she will have finished reading the complete standard works. I am so proud of my oldest 3 kids. Johnny and Ruth have already finished reading the standard works, so they will all have finished before high school graduation. And they all read their scriptures everyday without reminders.
- Johnny was mildly sick for a couple of days this week. He does so much to help around the house all of the time, so that even though he was sick, I was really happy that he just got a couple of days to do absolutely nothing.
- When we first moved here we were surprised at how much electricity cost here. So I told the kids that I would give them candy for every 10 lights they turned off. When Susan started playing in the toilets, I added closing bathroom doors to the list. Adam has been a champion, getting 100 points in one week. It's made a huge difference in our electric bill. It went down by almost half. We also shut off heat and air conditioning, but I am sure keeping lights off is helping a lot too.
- Rachel is the other champion of turning off lights and closing bathroom doors. The kids call it "getting light points".
- Every now and then Anya likes to just play by herself. I think it is cute, but it annoys Rachel because Rachel always wants someone to play with.
- Joseph caught a toad that croaked a lot and he really liked it. It escaped while we were at church and he just cried and cried about it.
- Josh spilled his entire bowl of cereal and milk. I grasped for patience, stripped off his clothes and sent him to John who was in the shower. He came naked and crying to John. John asked why he was in trouble and he said, "I don't know." John asked what happened and Josh said, "I don't know."
- Arwen has formed a love of kissing and comes and kisses me several times a day.
- I bought some onsies for Suzy, so now she cannot take off her diaper. I was fretting that I would have to potty train her young, so I am very pleased with this solution.
This Week's Pictures



2 comments:
Oh, I pray that miracle job comes. Your family is doing so well in so many ways. I love the solution for cutting your electric bill. The photos were fun as always. I know you will always treasure your weekly family update. Hugs~
Awww! Love it!
Post a Comment