Sunday, August 23, 2015

This Week at Our House #33



  1. John finished his contract. We are now waiting to be paid the rest of the money and he is looking for a new job. He had two first interviews this week. Hopefully they will turn into second and third interviews.
  2. The Legacy Prep kids started school this week. They had 3 half days. Everyone starts school full time tomorrow. I will only have the 3 little kids at home for 7 hours. I look forward to having 7 hours without having to pick anyone up or take anyone anywhere. 
  3. Ruth organized a temple trip with her friend Bonnie last week before Bonnie left for college, and her friend Desi this week before school starts. She didn't work as much, and I think she enjoyed her free time before school starts.
  4. Kate seemed to have a nice last week of summer vacation. She's very excited for her 16th birthday in just two more days, but rolls her eyes every time I tell her she can date.
  5. I've got a casual school wardrobe for Johnny. He is registered, has his schedule, and is ready to start the 10th grade tomorrow. He won't be 14 for another month, so he will be the youngest kid in the school. But he's smart and mature and I think he can handle this. I am the only one that's a little nervous. Johnny is only fretting having homework again.
  6. Adam started 5th grade on Wednesday. He is in a different building now with the 5th through 9th graders. I took him to find his classroom on Tuesday. He has a few friends in class, and he is already getting homework. He seems pretty happy with everything.
  7. Rachel began the 4th grade, and she is preparing to audition for the 3rd/4th grade musical. She's seems pretty happy and is having fun with old friends and making new ones.
  8. Anya began the second grade. She is still being pretty shy. I am trying to get her to extend herself and to talk to other kids.
  9. Joseph has the same first grade teacher that Anya had. He seems pretty happy, especially about having lunch at school.
  10. I'm hoping to get good time in with Joshua this school year. It will be nice not to have to go back and forth throughout the day and Josh could sure use some more personal time.
  11. Arwen has silent temper tantrums. If she doesn't like something, she sits and pouts. It's not noisy, but it can last for hours.
  12. Suzy was a little less fussy this week. She has three teeth that have cut through and 3 more making their way. 

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Praying that your dear husband finds work. It looks like everyone is ready for school. You have such outstanding children; I am sure this will be a good year for them. I love that you will have some quiet time with having just three at home. Loved the update as always. It is fun to see how your children change and grow.
Hugs for all!